Secrets

It seemed like forever before the car came to a halt. I was both nervous and excited and the butterflies returned. I'm definitely happy with the progress were making.

Zayn put the car in park. "Stay right there. No peeking."

I chuckled and gave him a nod.

I heard him get out of the car and come to my side. He opened the door and grabbed my hand. As I got out I almost tripped but he grabbed my waist to steady me. I could feel the sparks flow through me and I was sure he could to.

"Oops." I said smiling.

"I got you babe." He replied to my unspoken question. It warmed my heart when he called me something like that as he rarely did.

We walked for a little bit before he stopped us. "Stay still." He moved behind me and removed the clothe covering my eyes. I held my breath as I felt his hand graze my neck before he pulled backed.

Damn.

Deciding to focus on the matter ahead I blinked a couple times to adjust my vision. Eventually it cleared and I gasped at our surrounding.

Wow!

We were at a beautiful clearing. As my eyes moved around I noticed the small pond that had clear water. My eyes moved to big willow tree that draped over a round glass table with white roses in the middle. The chairs were also clear.

I looked at him to find him taking in my surprise with a lazy grin.

"This is beautiful! Thank you." I could feel myself about to choke from too much emotion.

"No need to thank me. It was long overdue." He shrugged with a smile.

I blushed and looked around me some more. I looked back as he linked our arms. We walked carefully to the table and I noticed a picnic basket.

He let go of my arm and pulled out my chair. I grabbed the bottom of my dress so I wouldn't step on it and sat down. He pushed my chair in and dropped down to the picnic basket.

"What did you make us?" I grinned.

He chuckled. "You're about to find out." He winked.

I gave him a pout but decided to wait patiently.

He pulled out a bottle of champagne and two glasses. He grabbed the ice basket and placed the champagne in it on the table. He then pulled out some plates and silverware.

Wow he came prepared.

He grabbed the food that was in foil to keep warm and some veggies. He started with the food in the foil which was actually steak and put them on our plates then added the vegetables.

He looked at me and gave me a cheeky smile. "I hope you're not disappointed with the food."

"Only if you personally made it." I said jokingly.

He held his heart in mock heart. "Then get ready for to be upset."

I chuckled. "And here I came so hungry! I should have prepared."

"That's true. You should have." He winked. "Just kidding you're going to love it!"

"Good!" I stuck my tongue out at him. "It smells amazing by the way."

He beamed. "Thank you."

He continued to add things to the plate and I wondered if I was going to be able to finish it. I mean werewolves have big appetites but damn. He put some potatoes with some mac and cheese. My stomach growled signaling my hunger to him.