Insecure

UNEDITED

-----------------

Jackson wakes up settled. There is a voice in his hand that sounds familiar but he can't place where.

He rubs his eyes to get the sleepiness out of it and asks who it is.

"It's Zayn dummy. Meet me outside. We need to talk." He says the last words with a serious tone.

Once his eyes fully open and his brain starts to wake up he begins to panic, not for his life but for June. If Jackson ever found out about them she would receive the harsher punishment as his mate.

He looks down at a sleeping June and sighs content almost forgetting his worries. She was absolutely perfect. He marveled at their different skin tones and ran his hands down her smooth face. She had such a relaxed face that held no worries as she slept. Her oval face was perfectly carved with sharp cheekbones and adorned natural long lashes. Kissing her cheek soft as not to wake her, he got out of bed dreading his meet with his alpha Zayn who was also supposed to be his friend. This situation was definitely tricky, but he was glad to find someone after his mate died. She will always have a place in his heart but now June held the other piece.

Deciding it was best to take a shower as to not arouse more suspicion I put on my clothes and opened the door leaving. Taking one in my room was less problematic since everything I needed was there.

Once I got into my room I grabbed my clothes and went to take a quick shower. I didn't want Zayn to wait knowing is impatience.

Once I was done I put on my shorts and a long sleeve shirt. Grabbing my wallet and phone I shut my door and walked throw the long hall with doors lining them till I reached the stairs to go downstairs. I walked down for once cursing the way the stairs led straight to the front door. Taking a deep breath I opened the door and saw Zayn sitting at one at a bench. With every step I took to him I thought of as many explanations I could come up with for this shit fest that Zayn created by not accepting June from the start. His decision was the best thing to happen to me.

As I got close I tapped him on the shoulder as he seemed deep in thought. "Hey man." I greeted him.

He shook his head. Must have been in a conversation with his wolf. "Yeah, hey." He turned to me and as I sat down.

"What's up? You okay?" I asked him dreading the answer.

"I could ask you the same thing." He looked at me dead in the eyes with a squint.

I scratched my head. "Nothing man. Just living life." And making love to his mate but he didn't need to know that.

"I feel like we haven't hung out in forever, what happened to us?" He asked putting his hands on the table.

I sighed. "I don't know man."

"I mean I know we haven't spoken for a while because I've been trying to get my feel of the ladies till my ready for June, but I feel like somethings going on and I can't put my finger on it."

I felt my body turn cold as I jumped to the worst conclusions.

"Nothing's going on from my point of view. Is something bothering you?" I asked trying to deflect his attention from me.

"I don't know man. I feel like the plan I had from the beginning isn't going so well. Can I tell you a secret?" He asked looking down.

I looked at him worried. "What? You're freaking me out man." He didn't need to know the real reason. I loved my mate with all my life while she was still alive and couldn't understand why he took his for granted.