Revelations

"I get that." She gives me a big smile. I knew I chose a great friend in her. All my other friends eventually abandoned me after they found out I shared my mate. That still hurts me whenever I revisit the conversations leading to their demise.

"What do you have planned for today?" I change the subjects one in my head and the other out loud.

Her face morphs thoughtfully. "Honestly? Nothing I can think of. Why? What's up?" She absent mindedly bounces on the bed.

"I feel like rabbit hunting. You game?" I raise my eyebrows suggestively.

"Yes! That sounds fun! Let's go!"

We jump off the bed and I change into shorts and a sports bra. She had on shorts and a crop top. I hear a whistle as I lean down to stretch. I turn back and look at her with a smirk still upside down.

"Like what you see lady?"

She licks her lips. "Yes. I really do."

I laugh getting up. I walk by her and run my hands down her chest. Her breath hitches and she closes her eyes.

"Race you." I whisper in her ear seductively. I laugh as I run past her and out the door. I just needed a head start.

"No fair!" I hear her yell behind me with a laugh.

As I round the corner I turn back to scream a smart reply when I collide on a hard chest. That knocks the breath out of me as I fell back on my butt. Ouch! The so-called wall puts out their hand and helps me up. I look at Jackson gratefully.

"Now where are you running to missy?" He ask with twinkle in his eyes like he wanted to laugh. I scowl rubbing my butt.

"That's not funny." I stick my tongue out at him.

"It was just a little." He chuckles pinching the air. It's deep and sensual. Damn I can't stay mad at that.

"Yeah, yeah. Maybe you're right." I give him a smile still rubbing my butt that's most likely going to spot a bruise later. This was definitely a moment to be proud of my werewolf healing abilities.

"So where were you off to?" He folds his arms which makes the veins more apparent. I bit my lip and follow the motion my mouth-watering. He really was a hot specimen with his medium build. He didn't have veins like a body builder. Which is fine, but wasn't my cup of tea. He was six feet and just had the kind of body you saw for 'most likely to be a model'.

"Hello? Are you there June?" He waves his hands in front of my face and looks concerned

"What uh? Yeah. I'm sorry, what did you say?" I mentally wipe the drool from my mouth.

He raises his eyebrow knowingly. My brain takes a while, but it finally registers his past question. I rub my head with a sheepish smile.

"Yeah, about that. I was racing Suzy. We're about to let our wolves out and go hunting. You game?"

Speak of the devil. Suzanna rounds the corner just as I ask him.

"Well you didn't get far." She shakes her head at me then smiles at Jackson.

"Hey lover-boy." She runs her hand down his chest. "What are you up to today?"

She eye's him appreciatively. He gives her a once over and his charming smile that can knock any panties off.

Suzanna fans her self. "Damn. You know what that smile does to me."

He lets out a hearty laugh shaking his head. I definitely couldn't blame Suzanna. He did have a really nice smile with his straight even teeth. Speaking of that I needed to come clean with him about my earlier thoughts of them.