Chapter 53 - Death By Manor

(Unedited)

Luna's POV

They say you should never start what you can't finish but my stubborn ass decided to and the look that Sin gave me the moment that Tory announced that I was gonna be his company for the party made question whether I'll make it out of this game.

A game which I started willingly but now I wish I never did.

"Well then, I'll tell CK that he should expect you." Tory said, taking her phone before standing up and heading toward the hallway.

Sin's gaze was burning and I couldn't face him, therefore the only thing I could was face the ground beneath me.

"Ah, what did I miss." Mr Kentwood said after coming back from his phone call and heading to his seat."

"Nothing, just enjoying the food." Carina said, clearly she didn't want Kentwood knowing about the matter.

"Ok then shall we proceed with dinner?"

"Sure." Tory said in reply to Mr Kentwood's question as she came back and sat down.

. . .

It was around eight in the evening and the family had finished eating dinner, Mr Kentwood had decided to stay over because it was already late.

"Gail, I'm done for the day so I'll head to my room." Dawn said.

"Yeah sure." I replied as she started her way out of the kitchen.

That left me as the only one in the kitchen. After finishing up my work, I cleaned up and went switch of kitchen light. Before I could, a large hand grabbed my arms and held them behind my back.

My heart raced at the shock and I almost scram before the person spined me around and we came face to face.

Sin.

I found my eyes wandering to any possible place except his eyes because I couldn't find the courage to face him.

"Look at me." Sin said in a commanding voice.

Seeing as I did not do so he was angered, he the let go of my arm and pushed me against the wall.

With his intimidating frame towering over me, he closed in leaving only a few centimeters between us.

He placed his left hand on the wall above my head and our faces we're merely apart. Still, I decided to face my side and not him.

My action only seemed aggravate him more as he harshly grabbed my jaw and forced me face him.

The moment that I looked in his eyes, I could tell that he was pissed.

"What the fuck do you think you are doing, huh?!" He asked enraged.

I couldn't reply as the hold he had on my jaw was too tight. He saw this as he slightly eased his grip on me.

"What do you mean?" I asked knowing very well what he was talking about.

"You know very well what I'm talking about, now answer me!" He said as he tightened his grip again.

"My job, like Kylie said earlier." I replied to his question before wincing at the hold he had on my jaw.

"Bullshit!" He said before letting go of my jaw, only to grab one of wrists and spin me around.

My back collided with his chest and his grip remained firm on my wrist which was twisted behind my back.

My head shot up in a slight wincing motion.

Sin's breathing was ragged as I felt it against my neck in all it's warmness when he brought his head to my right shoulder. His lips slightly brushed against my ear and I gulped.