𝐊𝐢𝐦 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐛𝐢𝐧 #𝟐

"That's Kim Hanbin, right?" Yeonji asked Y/N while she was getting champagne from the bar.

Y/N nervously gulped, "Yeah. It is him."

"Will you say hi to him?"

"What for?" she looked down and sighed. "He's in a happy relationship now. "

"All these years you've been wanting to ask him something, but you're not able to bring yourself to talk to him again after you left school. Don't you think this is a good opportunity?"

"Yeonji, maybe you're right. It's a high school thing. I'm sure it's not a big deal to him anymore. Besides, we've both moved on... right?..."

"Well, there's only one way to find out, Y/N." Yeonji snatched away her glass and pushed her towards the man they've been talking about.

Y/N was hesitant at first, but eventually, she agreed to the idea and just bravely marched to him who was standing alone at the center of the room with his hands inside both of his pockets. Same old Hanbin.

"Hanbin?" Y/N said to catch his attention.

He looked at her and his face suddenly changed, like he just saw a ghost. "Y-Y/N. You're here. I thought you wouldn't make it."

"You look shocked. I'd be shocked, too if I were you. After disappearing like that without a goodbye..."

"I'm sure you had your reasons." Hanbin stated. The atmosphere was becoming a bit awkward, so he find a way to switch topics. "By the way, how are you? You look brilliant."

"Ah, thank you. You still look good..." Y/N eyed him from head to toe. "You haven't changed a bit."

"Am I still the man you fell for 8 years ago?" he joked.

"Yeah, I guess so. Maybe?" she chuckled. "You still have the cheap ring I gave you years ago, right?"

"Ah," he looked away. "I threw away all my things from high school including that. I'm sorry."

"Nah, it's okay. How foolish of me to give someone something valuable for me and just useless to them. Lesson learnt." she smiled.

"Y/N. I-"

"Hanbin. Let's just cut to the chase. I came here to ask you one thing that has been bothering for the past 8 years of my life and I truly hope you answer me honestly..."

"What is it?"

"Even once in your life, did you ever had feelings for me that caused you to lead me on like that?"

Hanbin stared at her before breaking into laughter. "Of course not. I have always thought of you as a good friend. Never more than that."

After hearing those word come out from his mouth, Y/N bit her lip and tried to hold back the tears brimming her eyes.

"Thank you, Hanbin... for answering honestly." she grinned at him and he instantly noticed that she was about to cry. "Now my mind is at peace."

When he was about to console her, a man called her from behind and came running towards her.

Once he was standing beside her, he held hands with her and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Who's this?" the man who just came asked.

"It's Kim Hanbin. My highschool... friend and Hanbin, this is Sunwoo, my boyfriend." she introduced.

"Good evening, my name is Han Sunwoo. Y/N's soon-to-be husband. Ah, by the way, the invitations just got printed out and I think you'll be the first one to have it." Sunwoo reached for his pocket inside his coat and handed the envelope to him. "I hope to see you there."

"Let's go, Sunwoo. We don't want to be late for your mom's birthday party."

"Right. Well, it was nice seeing you, Hanbin."

After the couple bid their farewell, Hanbin brought out his hand from his pocket and just stared at it.

He pulled out the ring she gave him that has been on his finger all along and dumped it in the trash can.

"She deserves better. Maybe that's why I let her go." he whispered.

I miss Hanbin.