anakin skywalker | midi-chlorian test

not me continuing to do anakin-
who else would y'all like me to write about?

"Anakin, it's time."

I felt my chest tighten at the thought. I would have to extract blood from my child to find out her midi-chlorian count. Not even that but afterwards she would be a step closer to starting her training as a youngling.

Realistically she probably had at least a year and a half if not more, before she had to start her training. But she was growing up and getting closer to being able to become a jedi. Although i'm a jedi, who's not supposed to have anyform of attachment nor love, i admit that I have quite the amount of both towards her.

I couldn't bare the thought of making my daughter cry. Of course i've dealt with her crying, but never have I provoked it to happen. I didn't want to hurt her, but i've already put it off. I needed to do it today.

He handed me a needle, with a cap on it. I sighed and took hold of it, quietly thanking him.

"Anakin, remember she's only a small child, she won't remember this in the future." I nodded, he had a point.

"Good luck Anakin."

oh god oh god oh god

My heart rate quickened as my hands became clammy. But a weak smile appeared on my face at the thought of seeing her little face in a matter of seconds. I opened the door and saw her playing, smiling, giggling. I knew that happy temperament would fade quickly in a few minutes.

"Octavia. We're gonna see how force connected you are today. Come here." She weakly made her way over to me. Falling near the end, and crawling the rest of the way. I smiled at her and picked her up.

I sat at the couch and reached into my pocket, taking hold of the needle. I looked at the needle and then to octavia. I positioned her to where I had access to her arm, but to where she was leaning against me. I took the cap off and sighed. "Alright via you'll feel a little pinch and then we'll be done." There was no point in talking to her, she didn't know what I was saying. I guess it was a coping mechanism for now.

I brought the needle towards her skin, but stopped. I couldn't bring myself to do this to her. I called
Obi-Wan, whom would be thrilled with me not being able to do a simple task.

"You're gonna have to do this, Master, I can't bring myself to do it." I could hear him sigh. "Alright, i'll be there soon." I put the cap back on and set it down, sighing. But made sure to smile at her, I guess to reassure her that I was alright, even if she didn't care in the slightest.

The door opened and soon closed. "This should take no longer than a few minutes." Obi said, coming into my view. I handed him the needle as he took a seat in front of octavia and I.

"Alright, Octavia be nice for me."
Obi muttered taking the cap off. Without even thinking about it he stuck it into her arm, her blood starting to go into the syringe. As i expected, she started to cry. My body tensed as my eyes found hers, I knew she wanted me to stop whatever it was hurting her and comfort her but i couldn't.
"I think that's enough master." I said, looking briefly at him as her cries escalated.

Obi looked at me and then at the syringe.
"Just a tiny bit more and done, good job octavia."
He slid the needle out from her arm and put the cap on it. He stood up and looked down at me. "I'll see you later anakin." I nodded. "Thank you master." He nodded and made his way out the door, leaving me and octavia.

I pouted at her as i lifted her up from my lap to my chest. I lent my head against hers and stayed in that position, closing my eyes as i rubbed her back. I felt bad for her.

my poor baby

My moved my head and watched her face pop back up from my shoulder. I kissed her cheek and wiped her tears. "It's all over my sweet girl." I reassured her. Her cries came to end, her head lent back on my shoulder.

thank god it's over

heyyy guys sorry for not posting in a while, my schedule was rlly crazy this week, but
during the thanksgiving break i'll be sure to post frequenting. thanks for reading, love y'all <3