❣︎ harry potter | together

thank you for requesting LilyDelphinus

age : almost 3
prompt hang out day!!
comment and vote !

y/f/a - your favorite animal
y/f/f - your favorite flavor (as in ice cream)

< 3rd person pov >

"are you excited y/n?" he asked her, smiling as she nodded, her grip on his hand tightening.

y/n had always been quiet, rarely spoke, only using silent mannerisms to convey what she wanted or needed. the thought of her not speaking rarely at all, nerved harry - he wanted her to be able to speak freely and confidently like other children, but she just wouldn't.

in the past, he had asked for hermione's advice, knowing if anyone knew what was wrong it'd be her.

      "she might just be a late bloomer, harry. what i'd suggest you do instead of giving into her actions, tell her to voice what she wants. it might take a while, but it might work."

he took her advice, practicing all the time with his toddler. she began to say things, that proving to him that she might've just been a late bloomer. she didn't speak much, or very legibly, but she was trying and she was doing it - both making him very proud.

in order to show her how proud he was of her, he had planned the day out to just be the two of them. he knew how much she liked to be with him and solely him. this not only would be a good day, but it'd be a relaxing one for them both.

with her hand in his, he opened the door for them both. y/n waddled inside, looking up at her father as he followed her.

he brought her to a toy store, feeling she earned getting another stuffed animal to add to her growing collection. seeing her face light up as they walked down the isles, made harry smile - knowing she was visibly happy.

"which one do you want, y/n/n?" he asked, looking down at her. she shrugged, intently looking at them all. she finally pointed at one, making harry smile. he lifted her up and let her grab it. "a y/f/a it is then."

time skip

"one scoop of y/f/f, please." he smiled to the woman, scooping ice cream for them both. harry paid and walked with y/n to a table, setting her on his lap as they both began to enjoy their frozen treats.

he peered down at her, seeing melted ice cream around her mouth.

     "happy birthday y/n!" hermione, ron, harry and a few others shouted. she laughed, enjoying the attention she was suddenly receiving. she reached for the single candle atop the cake, wanting to touch the part illuminating the top of it. harry grasped her hand with his own, preventing her from harming herself.

      he blew the candle out, gently clapping at y/n. he kissed her head and took the candle out. "happy birthday, darling." he took a step back and told her to do what she wanted with the cake in front of her.

     she apprehensively brought her hand to it, touching it - grimacing when frosting covered her palm. she whined looking over at her father. he smiled and walked towards her, swiping his middle finger on the cake, smiling at the frosting he now had on his finger. he brought it towards her face, smearing it onto her nose.

     she looked at him, moving away from his hand. harry licked his finger, telling her to have fun. just recently leaning what certain words meant, she was able to process "fun". so she hit the cake, causing frosting to shoot out. she laughed grasping onto some of the soft sponge. she brought it to her mouth, stuffing some of the crumbled pieces into her mouth.

     "i bet it falls on the ground." fred whispered to his brother. george chuckled peering over to the young girl. "i bet she'll start throwing some."

      "i hope she hits malfoy first," harry added, before walking closer to his daughter to take pictures. while the twins laughed, harry snapped photos of her smearing cake not only on her face but her clothes as well.

harry smiled brightly at her, knowing by the smile on her face and giggles escaping her body that she was happy.

"smile at the camera y/n!"

"you got some on your face y/n/n." harry mumbled wiping her face with a napkin, smiling when she quietly giggled.

"when we get home do you want to watch you favorite movie?" y/n nodded excitedly, smiling brightly. "that's perfect then!" he tickled her sides softly, enjoying her giggles.

time skip

"y/n, movie's ready!" her little steps echoed through the apartment, stopping once she hopped onto the couch. she quickly huddled into her father, her face facing the tv as the animation began to play. she smiled softly, hugging her y/f/a close to her.

harry wrapped his arms around her, planting a kiss on her forehead. "i love you y/n/n."

"i love you too.." harry's eyes widened as he realized that she had just spoken, without being forced or asked to. usually when he said something of the sorts she'd just nod or hug him. but this time she had said words back. ones that were comprehendible.

he snuggled into his daughter, the day just slightly getting better.

"i'm so proud of you, darling...."

[ published/edited : 5/13/2021]
comment and vote !