❣︎ jj maybank | goddess

in this imagine, y/n's mother IS in her life
(only for the sake of the chapter)

age : 17
! comment and vote !

< 3rd person pov >

"go change."

jj ordered, sighing as he saw y/n come out in full costume. upon hearing his sudden tone change - the rest of the pogues looked towards y/n, wanting to see what he wasn't too thrilled about. y/n's mouth opened in shock, not expecting her attire to be an issue in his eyes.

"it looks perfect on you!" kiara commented highly. as soon as those words came out of her mouth, both jj and y/n looked towards her. y/n was happy to hear a compliment after being let down by her father, but jj was surprised to hear her disagree with him.

"i really like it..." y/n replied, disregarding what her father had just said to her. "you should, it's meant for you." kiara stood from the couch, going to look at the entirety of her costume. "guys?" jj asked both boys sitting close to him. pope scratched his neck and john b only looked at jj. they didn't respond, because what they had to say wouldn't correspond with what jj had already said.

"dad, what's wrong with it?" y/n questioned, slightly irritated with his sighs of disapproval. "too much skin is showing..." he said, receiving a glare from kiara and y/n both. "that it?"

the room went silent for a few moments. jj walked closer, getting a more in depth look at her outfit to try and find something more he didn't love seeing on her. "the fabric. a bit too thin for my liking," he paused, his eyebrows furrowing.

"what are you supposed to be anyways?"

"it's not thin in the slightest and i'm a goddess."
y/n fired back, looking to kiara when she started speaking. "she's not showing too much skin either. it's a slip dress. it's meant to show some of her legs - you're being nitpicky jj." kiara defended, slinging her arm around y/n's shoulders. y/n nodded, a small smile appearing on her face. "plus this is only half of my costume..." she mused, causing everyone to become confused.

"minnow!"

as if on queue, the clicking of his paws was heard from down the hall. y/n and kiara moved out of the way to make room for the dog coming down the hall. he wasn't as sharp as he once was, causing him to move a bit slower than normal. but y/n encouraged him as he waddled down the hall in his costume, up until he was next to her.

"tada!"

everyones eyes were steadied on the dog, processing what he was. around his neck was a cream colored bandana to match with the dress y/n wore, and attached to a harness was a pair of wings.
"oh my god..."

"my noble steed!" y/n said, bending down to pet his face. "he's a pegasus, you know...a horse with wings." jj looked to her, smiling due to the sight of minnow. "i'm not changing. we're a package deal." y/n said, standing back up. "if shit goes wrong, i have my security with me."
she added.

although y/n had the hardheaded personality just like jj, she did value jj's opinion - and though she'd leave the chateau in what she was wearing regardless of her fathers thoughts, she'd rather have jj's approval as well.

jj's shoulders slouched, his facial expression softening. he could see she wanted him to say something positive about her attire; even though she knew he wasn't one for saying those quite often.