❣︎ jj maybank | pirates

! twin au !

age : 7
! comment and vote please !

< 3rd person pov >

"did you really expect anything different from her?"

pope questioned jj, looking at y/n who was clad in a pirates costume, a large hat, and a fake beard. she loved it. jj shook his head, looking back to pope.
"no, not really."

"i'm surprised you let her have the plastic sword, didn't think you'd be cool with that." john b added. jj huffed, shaking his head again. "it's only to make up for last year."

"y/n, baby, you gotta fever..."

jj explained, trying to reason with her - knowing halloween was her favorite holiday. it was her favorite not only for the gory thrasher films, the fall flavored treats she'd be allowed have, or the costumes...it was the candy that made the holiday more sacred to her. that was her form of gold.

hearing what he had told her, she shook her head - not exactly believing what it is was he told her. "i'm not sick." she responded, her eyebrows furrowed and her tone faintly timid. jj took a seat beside her, showing the registered numbers on the end of the thermometer.

"101.4 y/n...you have a fever." he repeated, placing his hand on her back comfortingly."i feel good." she replied, standing up. "really?" jj questioned, an amused smirk on his face.

y/n nodded. "why don't you tell that to the puke that came out of you this morning..." after jj spoke, her expression flattened - not being able to deny any of what he said.  "it's halloween...no one gets sick on halloween!" she expressed, whining.

jj stood, placing his hand gently on her face.
"you're the first then. sorry babe, no trick or treating tonight." he walked towards the kitchen; going to clean the thermometer before putting it away.

"what?" she questioned quietly.
"what about y/b/n? does he get to go?"

jj glanced to her, looking at her disappointed expression. "well...he gets to go because he's not sick."  he explained gently, watching as y/n sat down, her shoulders slouching.

her one day of the year where she didn't have to abide by normal rules, where she could stuff her face with as many sweets as she wanted - only for it to be ruined by a sudden sickness that she had no control over.

"that's no fair." she whined. jj put the now clean thermometer away, soon turning to face her. "i know y/n. we'll at least get to hang out together," he paused, walking towards her. "we can watch a movie or two?" he suggested. very clearly, y/n wasn't sold on his offer.

sure she loved spending time with jj without the presence of y/b/n, but on a day as special as this she wanted to be anywhere but home...but now she was forced to be there, while her brother was allowed to go out and get all the candy he could possibly want.

jj saw how disappointed she was. he hadn't seen her in such a strong state in his memory, so now seeing it caused him to feel guilty and sympathetic. he kneeled in front of her, placing his hands on either side of her face. "there's always next year baby..." she looked to him, her expression dreary.