❣︎ leonardo dicaprio | parents day (aged up! reader)

a/n : istg that boy i'm talking to is my soulmate. if not romantic, at least platonic soulmate :)))

age : 20
prompt father's day special !! and some mom drama
! comment and vote please !

< 3rd person pov >

      "where is mom?"

       leo's eyes widened at her question, the breath within his lungs hitching. he had always dodged the question, not feeling she was old enough to really understand the reasoning behind her mom not being there. hell, leo couldn't quite understand either.

      y/n was only 8, she didn't know what sex was - or how the situation of falling pregnant as a teenager was stressful. she just didn't know.

      leo turned around, looking down at y/n from afar, seeing her look cautious. leo tried his best to crack a smile, understanding that y/n being her mothers daughter would eventually ask this question - yet he had never prepared for it to happen.

      how much should he tell her? how much would she understand or fathom? there were so many questions and he didn't know the answers to any of them. y/n was his world, she deserved to know but she didn't deserve to get her feelings hurt.

      he didn't know what to even say, how to respond. her question was heavy and intense.

     "your mom?"

       y/n looked away from him at his question, her gaze now down to her feet. "at school everyone made cards for mother's day...but i had to sit out because i didn't have one..." leo pouted at his daughter. he couldn't imagine the emotional strain not having a womanly figure or motherly figure had on y/n.

         he walked towards her gently grabbing onto her hand, pulling her towards the living room. he sat on the couch with her, facing towards her. she still had yet to look him in the eye. leo knew that she was nervous, seeing it in her body language.

       "you do have one buddy. everyone has one." leo started. the use of their nickname, seemingly put y/n at a bit of ease. that let y/n know that he wasnt frustrated or angry with her.

       "she just didn't stay." he said, looking at her. at those words she finally looked up at him. "why?"

.•*•.•*•.

when her mom had fallen pregnant with her, she let leonardo know quite quickly. they were both shocked, sure they thought they had used protection - but clearly they hadn't. they had several conversations after finding out.

what y/m/n wanted was to have an abortion, but she proposed the option that if leo wanted to keep their child, that she'd let it continue to grow until it was ready to come out.

leo was conflicted with the offer.

sure he could afford to raise a kid, but was he fit to? he was fairly good with children, but he knew that children were hassles and having one when you can't give it love and attention would just be disheartening.

with everything he did, he usually went with his gut feeling. his gut feeling was to keep their kid, but only if y/m/n would want to go through with such thing. he didn't know what pregnancy felt like, how getting looked down upon would feel like. if y/m/n wouldn't want to go through with that, he would understand and stand behind her.