❣︎ leonardo dicpario | sleep

a/n : missed u guys

age : 16
prompt stressful nights call for stress free sleep
! comment and vote please !

< 3rd person pov >

"hey y/n..."

peering into her room, leonardo quickly stopped talking. he stared at his daughter, her position - her expression.

on her desk laid sheets of paper, homework and assignments she had been trying to accomplish for days on end. the only thing abnormal was on top of those papers laid her head. dead asleep. her pencil still managing to stay in her limp hand, without any grip keeping it there.

he could hear music blare through the earbuds secured in her ears. he grinned towards her, knowing that was the thing she often used to keep herself awake longer than what her body wanted to.

quietly, he walked fully into her room - taking a second to look around her room. her room wasn't clean exactly, but to be fair it never was and with an excess amount of stress, she couldn't bring herself to keep it to its normal standard.

trash, cans, paper, clothes, pillows, everything coated the ground - but he didn't want to bother her about it in the moment, especially because she wasn't conscious.

he took a few steps towards her, trying to look at the work she had been forcing herself to do.

there was an array of papers, ranging from chemistry to statistics - there was a lot. as he looked briefly to them, he noticed the grades and notes teachers left on her graded assignments. some good and some not so good.

he looked past those though, overall, he was proud that she was actually doing her work.

they had many conversations about grades and school work over the course of y/n's school career.

seemingly as she got older they had more and more conversations pertaining to the tedious task of schoolwork. there had often been all nighters pulled trying to get things finished at the last second. although y/n always finished her work, they both knew it wasn't a good habit. leo wanted her to stop.

     "y/n you're failing three classes, what's goin on?" he asked her. y/n, not prepared for this topic to suddenly be discussed - she sighed, rather heavily.

     "just behind i guess..." she mumbled.
she looked away from him, knowing his expression would have the look of confusion of sorts spread across it. she didn't want to see his judgement.

     "behind?" he questioned. y/n apprehensively nodded, not exactly believing herself. "come on y/n, something must be happening. is it a student? a teacher?" 

     due to his question she looked towards him, deciding to let him hear everything. to be fair, he did ask. "all the teachers assign too many things and barely any of them teach well enough for me to understand the shit they want imbedded in my head." she explained.

     "i've been given three pages of homework for algebra when the teacher hasn't even taught this unit yet - but the stuff she has taught has barely been discussed." she quickly added. "it's too much too quickly."