❣︎ leonardo dicaprio | hair clip

age : 1
prompt premier date !!
comment and vote please !

< 3rd person pov >

"ready to have fun, pretty girl?" he gently cooed to
y/n, who happened to be tugging at the hair clip leo's mom placed on her head. she didn't pay attention to him or the attention he was giving her. she was more concerned with the object placed on her head.
"i'll take that as a yes," he paused, kissing her forehead. "alright let's go."

time skip

both dicaprio's arrived, now standing on the carpet waiting to be interviewed. as they waited, leo talked to y/n. doing so, always seemed to calm some of his nerves that still seemed to stay with him in situations such as these.

leo was keeping y/n distracted and calm. knowing her past with cameras, nerves him a bit...in fact it was the thing that worried him most. he didn't want all the cameras to scare her again, or for her to have a meltdown. thinking of such thing made him regret bringing her with him. if people started to take flash photos of them, he was positive either would happen.

he walked along the carpet, quietly giggling along with y/n. she seemed to not notice the cameras yet...luckily. leo peered down to her, watching as she finally got the hair clip off her head. she babbled in victory, projecting it up for him to see.

he gently took it from her hand, smiling at her. "thank you y/n/n," he placed it back onto her head, clipping to her hair. she whined, bringing her hand back to her head to try and get it off her.

leo looked back up, knowing it was time to get close to the camera and actually talk to people besides his cast mates. as he began walking to the first interviewer a certain sound caught his attention. a very distinct sound. his eyes scanned the crowd, seeing the location of the noise. behind a camera stood a man, dangling keys with the obvious intention to gain y/n's attention.

leo rolled his eyes, shaking his head in disappointment. he cooed to y/n up until he met the interviewer who would be speaking to him. the woman waved to y/n smiling as she babbled, her hand tugging on the annoying object on her head.

"here we have leonardo dicaprio!" she said into the microphone in her hand.  y/n looked at the woman, more so the unfamiliar object in her hand. she cooed to herself, pausing in her actions. "how are you tonight?" she asked, moving the microphone towards his face.

leo's eyes shifted from her, to y/n then to their surroundings. "i'm doing great, how are you?"

"i'm amazing, thank you for asking. now i'm just gonna get right into it, how's the premier so far? there's a lot of people here tonight."

"this is great, i'm really proud that the movie is all done and wrapped up and i'm happy it can be shared with so many people." the woman intently listened to leo and what he had to say. "i myself am excited to see it, but i couldn't help but notice you brought a little guest with you."

leo internally sighed, as soon as y/n came into the world she was all people asked him about. he loved y/n and he could talk about her for hours on end, but he preferred to talk about her with people he knew personally rather than to a camera for millions of people to see and take note of. he didn't want to share anything too personal, so when people usually asked about her he tried his best to respectfully decline answering them. but that rarely worked.

he nodded, looking down at y/n. "this is y/n." he cooed to her, smiling when she looked away from him, beginning to giggle. "is this her first premier?" leo nodded, "yes it is."

"well for her first premier she seems to be taking everything well." the cameras focus panned over to her, zooming in on her face. leo moved her a little. "i'm actually kinda surprised she's taking it this well, she usually gets scared of all the cameras." he answered, relaxing as the camera panned away from her face to his. y/n smiled in victory once again, holding the hair clip she had successfully taken off.

she projected it back up to leo, wanting him to see what she did, again. he did and smiled, taking it from her. he was glad that the interviewer moved on from the topic of y/n and onto questions revolving the movie and the filming process. he was listening to them as they flew at him, wanting to answer them to the best of his ability.

he wasn't able to put the hair clip back onto her head, as he was trying to focus. so y/n was now free of distractions, her gaze finally taking in everything around her.

flashing lights, big cameras and a lot of people. her lip quivered, her hand squeezed the fabric, signaling to leo that she was getting scared. he looked down at her, following her gaze onto the same camera the sound of keys dangling came from earlier.

he turned his attention back to the interviewer, swiftly shifting her to his other side, shielding her from that specific camera. before her head could turn around, leo stuck the hair clip back into her hair. as expected she became enticed with it.

leo was glad, appreciating that they avoided a meltdown.

"thank you for letting me talk to you, i hope you enjoy the rest of the premier. bye sweetheart!" she cooed towards y/n, smiling wide when y/n looked over to her. leo smiled and said his goodbyes, kissing y/n on her head.

time skip

"you're getting sleepy huh, y/n?"

she nuzzled her face into his chest, yawning. leo wanting her to be comfortable, tucked her into the jacket of his tuxedo, smiling as she relaxed into him.

it was best that she fell asleep. leo didn't want her unintentionally disrupting the movie for other people. throughout the movie she was quiet, the only noise coming from her being quiet exhales. whenever his ears would pick up that sound, he would smirk - knowing she was peacefully asleep.

near the end of the movie, y/n lifted her head up, quietly whining. leo quietly shushed her, placing his hand on her back. he hoped she could make it till the end of the movie. luckily for him she settled down, watching his movie play on the screen.

the lights turned on once the movie ended, resulting in y/n whining from the sudden brightness. leo kissed her head, smiling gently at her.

"let's go home, sleepy head."

[ published/edited : 5/18/2021 ]
comment and vote please !