❣︎ leonardo dicaprio | homesick (aged up! reader)

thank you so much for 300 votes i love y'all!!

age : 20
prompt homesick sickness
comment and vote !

< 3rd person pov >

y/n groaned, softly hitting her head as she unlocked the door to her fathers house. all the lights were off, the house was dead silent. her father laid upstairs asleep. but to be fair, it was around 4 am - the old man needed his sleep.

she quietly shut the door, sniffling, walking towards the couch. she sat and leant to the side - her eyes quickly shutting. she hadn't even taken her shoes off yet before falling asleep. being sick, took a tole on her, even if she was an adult.

time skip

leo huffed as he came down the stairs, missing how his daughters snores used to make him laugh in the mornings. but as he got closer to the living room, that familiar sound could be heard. out of confusion, he walked a bit faster.

to say he was shocked when he saw his daughter lying on the couch...was an understatement.

"what the hell are you doing here?" he said loud enough, even for her to hear. as expected she didn't respond right away, but she mumbled incoherently, peering over to him.

"bud you could've gone to your old room, there's still a bed in there." he chuckled. "i couldn't make it that far. the stairs took all my energy." she mumbled turning to face the cushions. he furrowed his eyebrows at her lack of conversation. she always would say something snarky, but she didn't even smile at their nickname for each other. what was wrong with her?

"buddy?"

his tone caused her to turn her head. "what?"
he walked towards her, and intently stared her face over. "are you okay?" she couldn't lie to him, in fact she didn't have the strength nor effort too. she just groaned, that itself answering his question.

"come on, what's up with you? i know you love me, but you usually have a lame excuse to see me." he said to her, sighing when there again wasn't a snarky comment or scoff. he sat and waited for her to respond. knowing his daughter, silence was the thing that would get her to talk rather than pestering her to.

"i've been nauseous for days, my head hurts all the time, i haven't been able to sleep very well and my arm is sore." she listed. leo listened to her symptoms, catching onto the word nauseous.

"nauseous...you're sure you're not...?"

"dad if i was pregnant, i wouldn't be here and i wouldn't be sharing that information." he nodded his head, feeling slightly relieved. "alright, that's good."

"hell yeah that's good, kids are fuckin' weird."

her cursing wasn't foreign to leo, but he wasn't used to it either. it caught him off guard, adding to the humor laced in her comment. "you definitely were." he smiled, laughing when he heard her quietly gasp.

"stand up."

"no."

"come on, get up. use those legs."

she looked at him, sighing and loudly groaning, wanting him to know her feelings on the strenuous task he was putting her through. he offered his hand to her, grabbing onto her cold hand. she winced as he pulled her up. "that's my sore arm."