❣︎ leonardo dicaprio | paparazzi

age : 7 months
prompt paparazzi attention
comment and vote please !

< leonardo's pov >

flashing lights, shouting adults and too many people became all too much for y/n.

marvins room just came out, so it was fresh news to the media. over the years i had gotten used to the paparazzi and everything that came with them, but y/n hadn't. all i could hear was my name being called and shouted, but the only thing that caught my attention was when i heard a whimper come from her.

i looked to my left side and looked at her facial expression. she didn't look back up at me, her eyes set on the obnoxious adults behind us. light from the cameras reflected off her face, flashing, scaring her.

her hand grasped the fabric of my shirt, pulling at it, whining as the cameras continued to flash. with my right hand i grasped her little one, watching as she immediately wrapped her hand around my finger. she began to cry, her eyes meeting mine.

"you're okay, you're okay...shh."

i moved her away from my side to the front of my chest where i tried my best to shield her from the flashing lights and screaming people

we continued walking down the street, the people i was walking with yelling back at them to leave.

"you're scaring her!"

while they harassed them back, i tried to console
y/n. i held her tight, yet she didn't stop crying. distraction rather than reassurance might've be best at this point.

"hey, do you see all those lights over there?" i whispered to her, pointing over at traffic lights not too far from us. she looked over at them, her cries temporarily stopping before starting back up again. i sighed, moving to point at something else.

"look over there..." i cooed, pointing at the pink and orange hue covering the sky. she seemed captivated by it, her cries slowly stoping. i smiled, kissing her cheek. "you see the sun, y/n/n? it's pretty huh?"

time skip

within the next hour or so y/n and i were back in the comfort of my apartment. she laid against my chest, sleeping calmly as i walked down the hall and into her room. after i laid her down, i put my hand gently on her stomach and bent down to kiss her forehead. "goodnight, y/n/n."

time skip

"good morning to you too, y/n." i cooed, reaching out to her. she whined, chewing on her pacifier. "alright, breakfast it is."

"bananas or apples?" i looked down at her, sighing when she just stared back at me. "apples it is."

i sat her in her high chair, walking over to the t.v to turn something on to entertain me while i fed her for a few minutes. i flipped through the channels, pausing every few moments to feed her a spoonful of mush.

the only footage on the t.v. that caught my eyes was the footage of y/n and i from last night. i intently watched, amused as i saw her scared expression on the screen.

i couldn't help but laugh, watching everything slowly fall apart. y/n tugged at my sleeve, her other hand reach for the spoon.

"sorry, here you go."

she hummed as i fed her more. when she was done i lifted her out of the chair, wiping her mouth as i made my way towards the t.v.

"y/n/n, look...it's you." she looked over at herself in screen, cooing to herself. the only other footage the paparazzi had gotten of us had only been on one occasion.

"here you go..." she opened her mouth, biting down on the spoon. she let go of it, leaning back in the high chair. "is it good?" i laughed at her, pulling the chair closer to me.

i tickled her stomach, laughing along with her. over her head and through the window of the restaurant i could see a group of people outside. they had cameras in their grasp, waiting for me to come out. i wouldn't be surprised if they were already filming y/n and i.

        y/n's little hand hit mine, making me look down at her. she reached towards the small bowl of pasta sauce i had asked for. "you want more?"

       she opened her mouth, reaching for it as i gather some on a spoon. "alright, here you go feisty."

"those cameras scared you huh, y/n?" i asked, continuing to look at the t.v, glancing at her as i kissed her head.

"we caused a lot of trouble last night, y/n..."

comment and vote please !
[ published/edited : 5/11/2021 ]