❣︎ timothée chalamet | christmas choir

hello my lovely readers, this is the start of the christmas special...i'm so sorry that the halloween special wasn't completed, but it will be at some point - please stay patient my loves, enjoy ! <3

age : 6
! comment and vote please !

< 3rd person pov >

timothée, paula, his mother and father all sat in the audience - their attention on the risers in the very front of the room. y/n stood on one of those risers, looking around the audience for the one person she wanted to see. the one person who also happened to be the reason she was still standing with her peers.

she had no desire to be up there, with the rest of her classmates. she felt it was pointless...being forced to sing in front of people who she didn't know. she hated the situation, what she was somewhat forced to be in.

"y/n don't you think this would be a good opportunity to practice the skills we've been working on?" timothée asked y/n, peering down to look at her face as he asked. they both were taking a stroll along the streets of new york, timothée rewarding her on the week she successfully accomplished.

"papa...i don't wanna sing..."

she whined, huffing as her eyes steadied on the ground beneath her. "why not baby?" he knew her answer and reasons for not wanting to do so, but having her voice her thoughts and opinions on what is was she didn't want to partake in was important. although it didn't seem like much - over time it would make talking about things like these easier.

timothée held the door open for her, placing his hand against her back as she walked inside. "is it the singing you don't wanna do or is it being in front of people?"  he questioned. "it's both!" she exclaimed. timothée chuckled to her passionate outburst.

"y/n i know it seems scary, but if it's any help - you wouldn't be up there alone. singing or being in front of people, you'd be with everyone else."

y/n scrunched her nose towards him, not pleased with what it was she was being told. timothée saw, smiling gently towards her. "not much help huh?" y/n shook her head.

"you don't need to be used to doing this, you just need to prepare for things like this that will happen in your life." he told her. "it won't be easy, but the more you practice, the more you get comfortable with it."

huffing, y/n sighed, only processing so much of what he said. "okay papa."

it was bad enough that she had to wear an uncomfortable dress, but it was worse that she had to be in front of people while in the uncomfortable dress.

"y/n, start getting ready!"

timothée shouted down the hallway, wanting to make sure she was aware of the time and that they'd soon be leaving their home. "okay papa!" she shouted back, causing timothée to nod himself.

by now, y/n could dress herself for the most part - and that was a freedom they both enjoyed. timothée didn't have to assist her, she was more than capable now - that being better for the both of them.

within y/n's room she huffed, looking down at the dress that was laid out earlier that day - the one her teacher stressed about wearing. she didn't see the appeal in it.