❣︎ jj maybank | happy birthday!

today's my birthday :)

age : 16
prompt important days call for important celebrations!
! comment and vote please !

< 3rd person pov >

"happy birthday y/n!"

yelled jj, minnow following behind him with a mighty howl. due to the sound of minnow joining in, a gleeful smile appeared on his face. jj looked down at his daughter - her face buried into a pillow, the biggest blanket within the chateau wrapped around her. she didn't react to his sudden voice, still asleep.

living with the pogues all her life, caused her to become accustomed to the loud noises they made - jj yelling early in the morning wasn't uncommon.

he went to the side of the mattress, smiling as he sat beside her unconscious form. he placed his hands on her back, his fingers quickly roaming the surface, tickling her. y/n's eyes opened, already irritated with her father.

with a frustrated groan, she lifted her head from her pillow. "get your hands off me." she jokingly said, rolling away from his touch. minnow met her face on the other side of the bed, licking her face happily.

"come on," she griped, not moving away from minnow's slobber. "we have to start the day early! so get up and get dressed - we're going fishing!"

y/n groaned as she placed her hands on her eyes, that being the thing to stop minnow from licking her. "what time is it?" she inquired, her eye peeking through the gap her fingers made. jj shrugged, his hands on his hips. "a lil' after 5 am."

his tone was what caused her to whine. he was so casual about this. as if it was normal for him to be up at this hour. y/n still had yet to get up, that causing jj to project his hand out to her.

"come on munchkin, let's get goin."

y/n chose to ignore his physical offer of help, sitting up on her own just to spite him. once she stood, jj wrapped his arms tightly around her. y/n limply let him hug her, not yet having the energy to be enthusiastic.

"it's almost like you're hugging me back," he mused, separating from his daughter. her eyes were squinted, looking into jj's eyes. he smiled gently, "hurry up, i wanna start partying." he pushed her gently, leaving her to let her get ready in privacy.

"minnow come on boy," jj called, watching as minnow trotted out the room. sending one last glance his daughters way, he laughed lightly, closing the door.

minnow sat at the door, waiting for it to reopen - for his favorite person to reappear. y/n within the room complained quietly to herself as she tried to put day clothes on, everything seeming much more difficult early in the morning.

wearing a loose pair of jeans, a thin shirt and a jacket - she walked out her room, greeting minnow.
"happy birthday y/n," john b said to the girl, smiling when she only nodded - exhaustion being detected in her body language. "thanks b."

"what are you like 6?" jj asked, packing the cooler with beer for him and john b. "that sounds right."

jj snickered to her response, gathering the rest of the previsions he'd think they'd need while y/n fastened a bandana around minnow's collar.