Chapter 32: Aezam

Shannon’s POV

Going out of the powder room, I look around to see how the crowd is doing now. After I excused myself from Blaze a while ago, I’ve decided to finally do my mission. The night is just brewing and the party is not even in the middle of its peak. However, I want to take all my time to handle this quest more seriously.

Of course, there’s nothing wrong with enjoying this event but I have to remember why I am here. I should stop getting distracted, aka getting closer to Blaze for a moment.

I walked near the long table where the liquors were placed and got myself a glass of wine. I need to blend in with the crowd so that I won’t make the same mistake that I did before. The auction for paintings from famous painters are the limelight as of the moment. I am actually tempted to watch the program, but I thought this is a good moment to observe.

Right now there’s nothing to be wary of, not until I saw these two men in black suits that looked like signaling each other by their glances. I noticed that they have an in-ear so I became more attentive. The bulky man looks at his wristwatch then carefully looks at the huge glass screen where announcements for next programs are listed. I furtively stole a glance on the glass screen and saw a poster for an upcoming theatrical play titled "Aezam" on the last day of March.

“Aezam?” I whisper to myself. The word is quite familiar to me, but I can’t remember where I saw or heard it. I try to recall my memories but it failed me, so I just shrugged it off.

If it’s not because of those suspicious men, I wouldn’t even notice if there’s something wrong with the poster. At first look you’ll just think that it’s a simple announcement promoted by the hotel, and to be honest I want to dismiss the thought that this is somewhat related to our mission since I can’t think of any clue that will connect the play to the president’s deeds.

“Hey, Rei. Section A has a lot of good music, I actually need to download those,” Van smilingly said while acting normal. He’s tasked to observe Section A where a fashion show is being held.

This Charity ball is huge and it has five sections, that’s why we need to separate. All five of us except for Neron, who’s now inside the hotel room to check the security cameras in case the authorities come in so that he can give us a warning, are staged on different sections. Milly on the other hand is with Wyn right now on Section C where the club party is happening.

We have secret codes while doing our mission, and by "downloads" he means "status report."

I smiled hearing his good news, at least he got something. “Haven’t heard any here. Sadly, no downloads for me.”

Van nodded and gave me a warm smile. “You have a lot of time, so mettle. I’ll see you later,” he said before walking back to his station.

I was left there spacing out while staring at the theatrical poster, thinking where I  could have possibly seen it. My mind is floating around on different thoughts when I overheard a conversation of two young ladies on my left.

“Looks like the angel is not alone, huh?”

“I bet Aezam’s not happy for Joanne, so we gotta wait for two more hours.”

“How disappointing, I already memorized the index, what now?”

“I think they will not remove, just combine perhaps? But I hope it’s easier than musical notes or morse.”

Musical what? Morse? As in Morse code?

“You two, lower your voices or you’ll be the next Joanne if somebody hears your conversation.”