Chapter 6: Realm

Shannon's POV

Days have passed since the sudden warning announcement from The Anonymous. What shocked and confused us was that not even one news outlet reported the havoc that happened during the protest. I imagined that the video clip from The Anonymous will become viral and will make everybody feral, but the media stayed silent like nothing happened.

The social media obviously blocked anything and everything that will relate to the unforeseen hap that the oppressed received. It makes my blood boil even more because even my illustrations are getting reported and deleted automatically.

"Hey, Rei, I need to go outside. Do you need anything?" Ciara, my dorm mate asks.

"Nah, I'm good. Take care, Ciara." Today is Saturday and my classes are already done, so I'm just hanging out in my dorm and drawing some sketches for my new update.

The girl's dormitories are located on the far left, at the end of long hallways outside the main buildings of the University, while the dorm buildings for the boys are on the right side of the school building.

You have two choices for the dorm. The first choice is to live in a twenty storey building, each floor has three duplex suites that can be occupied by four people. The suite is really big and is covered with marble tiles. It has a boffi kitchen, two luxurious bathrooms on the upper and lower floors, one bedroom on each floor and each bedroom consists of two queen size beds.

On the other hand, the second option is the arched cabins. The roof is high, triangular, and is painted blue. It is made with white pine wood that has sandstone decorations and small triangular windows with a fairly symmetrical pattern. The cabin is equipped with a small average kitchen, two bedrooms with a bathroom and a queen size bed each, and a small but pretty living room. A study room and library can be found on the second floor, with an overview of the skyline in the balcony.

As I said before, I prefer living in this small cozy house rather than in those skyscrapers. Our dorm is within the vicinity of the University, but still far enough from the school's buildings for me to still need to ride a bus when going to school.

The messiers are far away from each other, and building gigantic walls on every boundary isn't helping. My house can be found on M69, it is far from my school that's why I need to stay in a dormitory. Milly's house on the other hand is a bit near, so she doesn't need to rent a unit like me. I am not really close with Ciara since she just transferred and we just met this semester. I'm totally cool with anyone sharing a space with me, as long as they are not an elite. That's one of the reasons why I chose to live in the arched cabin rather than the duplex suites, I have more chances to live with a commoner than an elite.

I reach for my phone and stare at the text message I received last week. I'm still trying to figure out who the hell sent me that message. I even tried to let professionals check the source of the text, but they said it was from a burner phone so they couldn't trace it. Not knowing the sender of that cryptic message still bothers me.

I ask Kim, one of the teasers of our team, about the progress of their assignment. They were tasked to hack a website where we can upload the video of the announcement of The Anonymous from the last protest. Anger is brewing inside me every time I remember how the government covered up everything. I know they are the sole reason why there was no news reported regarding the events that occured at the central park.

"We are still trying, Shannon. I'll give you an update once we find something," he says.

I nod as I dropped the call and continued wandering around. My mind suddenly wonders about the mysterious man who I think is related to The Anonymous. Every time I go outside I've been unconsciously checking everyone with the same colored jacket, just like now. The only thing that was left for me as a clue is the unique symbol that looks like 7YX. I don't know if it's an initial or just a mere clothing brand.