Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Aaron P.O.V

I turned around as well. She was staring at him; Gavin, her purple eyes wide which meant she was scared. She always did that when she was young, whenever we played catching and I'd cornered her. Her eyes would go as big as saucers and I'd always teased her about it.

I wonder if she'd remember me? Not likely, but hey, I was her favourite brother. She gotta have at least a little memory of me, right?

"I... I... didn't know" she stuttered, her eyes darting from me to him.

I'll distract him. You go. There's back-up outisde around the entire perimeter of the house. Go to any one of them. I mind-linked her.

Where are your parents? You'd said they'd be here?

They're outside.

Oh.... okay.

My - our parents were supposed to be here, beside me as well. After all, this was their fight. But it was a last minute plan that they decided I should enter alone and get Leila out before they kill Gavin and Jannet. They didn't want her first sight of meeting them to be rough. Not a good first impression right?

I wasn't supposed to attract attention, but then I smelled her scent in this room which perked me up and made me smash my way in.

Yep, that's pretty much the story of how I got in.

How do I get out? Her voice filtered through my mind.

Uhh... good question I looked around. There was no way out except from the window, which I had entered from. jump out? I guess?

Jump?

I looked at her.  She was glaring at me.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Gavin asked, making me focus my attention back on him.

"They're mind-linking. Haven't you noticed? There's this tinkling noise in the air" Jannet commented. I could tell she was straining her ears, trying to hear it. Her eyes were furrowed with concentration.

I rolled my eyes. "This fight is between you & my parents. I've come nothing more than to just claim her" I pointed to Leila. "so if you'll excuse us..." I said, heading off to Leila's direction.

This made him even madder. Definitely a wrong choice of words. "Anyone who's taking Hailey is an enemy of us. Nobody can take her away. Not even you"

And he lunged himself at me. I managed to push Leila aside before he accidently hit her as well before shielding myself from his blow.

The guy was strong, I had to admit. But nothing I couldn't handle. And I wasn't backing off without a fight - now that he's started it.

Game on.

He snarled and tried again but this time, I was ready. I fought back.

Hailey / Leila P.O.V

I gasped. I had to do something to help Aaron.

"Honey, come here" my mom, or should I even call her that now? suddenly called me.

"I... uh.." I glanced over at Aaron.

I had to be strong. He needed help. And I'm the only one able to do that. What happened to his parents? Why aren't they even here, beside him? Wasn't this their battle? To get me back?

I looked back at her "No"

Her eyes widened with pure anger. 

"Fine!" She snapped. "If you want it the hard way, then so be it" her voice was cold & hard. "Esmeralda. Get her" she screeched. "And lock her up in the basement"

Jannet's eyes - yes, I've decided to call her that now, glared at me. "Get this clear young lady. I was the one who's been looking after you for the past 14 years. I've known you longer than anyone. Not even Arianna knows you that well" she spoke, venom dripping off every word.

Seriously? She's being such an ass at the moment. And who is Arianna?

But I've got other problems to deal with. Like Esmeralda heading towards me, with a big evil grin plastered on her face.

"Sorry sis" she pouted, not even sounding the least bit sorry before she grabbed my hands and tried tying it with a rope. "Stop moving and it'll be easier for both of us" she hissed into my ear, trying to get both my hands behind my back.

Like hell was I going to let her tie me up without a fight. Bring it on girl.

I spun around & kicked her out of my way before....

Guess what?

Yes, I jumped out of the window.

I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact.

It never came though.

Did Esmeralda catch me?

I opened my eyes and gasped when I found myself still on air. I looked behind me and found two big wings looking back at me. I looked up and saw Esmeralda gaping back at me. Her eyes wide with horror.

"Leila! Come down!" I heard a voice shout.

I looked down & saw a group of unknown people gathered below me.

I slowly decended, quite nervous meeting all this unknown people. And most importantly, where the hell did my wings come from?

"Leila! Oh my daughter!" A lady, with short black hair,  ran up to me once I was down. Tears were streaming down her face. She looked exactly like the one from Aaron's mind.

My mother.

"Um... mom?" I asked, just to be sure.

She nodded her head vigorously, her mouth breaking into a huge smile.

A man walked up beside her and pulled her into a tight embrace.

My... um.. mom, (I should probably get used to calling her that) laughed when she saw my confused expression. "This is your dad sweetie. His name is Johnson. I'm Arianna" she smiled, showing her pearly whites.

"Oh..." that explains. "uh, hey... dad" I greeted awkwardly.

He smiled back in response before pulling me in a warm 'daddy' gesture hug.

If there was even such a thing.

"Sir, sorry to uh.. spoil the happy moment but Aaron's kind of in trouble" one of the guards; I think, reminded my father making him let go of me.

His face become hard. "Gather the rest and let's head in" then he looked at me. His face soften for a second "Thomas! make sure both of them are safe home. Now"

××××××××××

Leila finally met her parents!!!
And her 'secret wings' finally appeared.
So what did you guys think?

Do leave your comments behind!

Vote/comment/share

Follow me on ig: fiqxh14_
                  (^_^)

NurGomez