Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Hailey P.O.V

"how did you meet him?" Esmeralda asked, looking at me for a brief second before focusing her attention back on the road.

I glanced at her. Why was it so important that she needs to know? "I just fell and he helped," I shrugged.

"really? that's it? nothing else happened? I mean, you were pretty long..." Esmeralda pressed one more time, she could tell I was hiding something from her.

"yes, that's it, nothing happened. End of story." I sighed, rubbing my temples. She was giving me a headache.

She rolled her eyes at my reply. She was obviously not pleased since she didn't get to find out what she wanted, whatever it was.

I sighed and closed my eyes. I needed a break from all this drama.

***

We arrived home 5 minutes later. Mom frowned when she saw us.

"what took you girls so long..." she glanced at the shopping bag on my arm before finishing her sentence "to just get a simple birthday dress?"

Esmeralda quickly replied Mom before rushing off to her room. "Hailey here will explain everything to you dear mommy, I've got some important things to do at the moment. See y'all later"

"be ready by 4! everyone else will be here at 5!" Mom shouted at her, before focusing her attention back on me.

I quirked an eyebrow. Was this necessary? I mean, it's not that I went somewhere else, I just took a long time choosing one bloody dress for my birthday party.

"Hailey..."

"uh, yea?" I looked at mom, giving her a questioning look. 

"come sit beside me" she gestured to the empty seat next to her.

I nodded my head before taking a sit next to her. Now, where will this conversation lead to?

"I'm not mad at you," Mom started, looking at me.

I quirked at eyebrow "so...?"

"I wanted to talk to you alone - privately and this is the only time I have," she paused before continuing. "your dad went out to collect your birthday cake. I just had to make Esmeralda stay in her room for an hour or two. You know how your sister hates my lectures, every opportunity she gets to run away from it, she'll take it" mom chuckled.

I didn't smile at mom's attempt to lighten the mood. "so... you're not mad at me?" I asked again, just to be clearer.

Mom shooked her head.

"and you said, you wanted to talk?" I pointed out. "what's it about then?"

She drew in a breath and smiled, though her eyes held a different kind of emotion I couldn't quite catch. "yes, I need to talk to you about something quite important" She glanced at me nervously before continuing "um.. well, did you..." she looked at me for a moment before looking down again at her entwined fingers. "meet someone?"

huh?

I looked at her. What did she mean? It couldn't possibly be about Aaron

Could it?

××××××××××

sorry for the superrr long wait! I've been busy, adjusting to my new school.

Oh well, hope you guys enjoyed this lame chapter. Tehe... left it with suspense!!! what did Hailey's mom actually wanted to say to her? O.o 

NurGomez  xoxo