Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Hailey P.O.V

"well, I did make a new friend..." I trailed off unsure of what to say next.

"who?" mom immediately jumped from her seat, looking at me, dead serious.

What is so important about me meeting someone? seriously, what's going on here...

"umm, Jenn?" I told mom.

Mom's eyes furrowed in confusion "Jenn? who's Jenn?"

"one of Esmeralda's friends working in the store," I sighed rubbing my temples. "mom, I'm pretty tired now, can we continue this later?"

"did you meet anyone else?" mom continued to ask, ignoring me.

I groaned in frustration, "Okay fine, yes, I did meet someone, a boy to be specific!"

"a boy?" mom gasped. "what's his name!?"

I shot mom a suspicious look, something is definitely up.

"honey, I'm just worried for you. You know you can't trust guys at all. Come on, tell me his name" mom urged, failing to hide her curious tone.

"Mathew" I lied.

"Mathew?" mom looked confused.

"yes, is anything wrong mom?" I asked, annoyed. She seems to be hiding something away from me. 

Mom grinned, changing the entire atmosphere around her. "Nope, nothing's wrong at all. Everything's perfect. Now, tell me about this Mathew, is he cute?" she winked at me.  

I mentally face-palmed myself. One moment she's telling me not to trust guys and the next she's asking me if Mathew is cute. 

"um... he's okay" I trailed off.

"okay? did you invite him to your birthday party later!?"

"yep"

"aww!! how cute!! you're finally growing up!!" mom squealed. "well, why not you go get some rest, you look tired sweetie... and we won't want Mathew to see you in a state later right?" mom wiggled her eyebrows, grinning.

Ugh, what have I gotten myself into? 

"yea..." I smiled weakly.

"alright then, go get some rest" mom smiled, kissing my forehead.

I nodded and sprinted off to my room. Mom was acting really really weird. Why did she want to know about Aaron so much? it was pretty obvious she knows who Aaron is.

I grumbled to myself before entering the bathroom to wash my face. I changed into some comfortable t-shirt and baggy pants before heading out to the kitchen suddenly feeling very hungry.

Just as I was about to enter the kitchen, I heard mom's and dad's voice. They were whispering but I could clearly hear them.

"we better make sure she dosen't bump into any of them" mom was saying.

"Esmeralda was with her, how could she let her slip away?" my father growled.

They were obviously talking about me.

I sat down beside the kitchen entrance, making sure I was well hidden before listening in to their conversation again.

"I did ask Esmeralda to look after her but you know the girl, stubborn as ever. But luckily, she didn't meet any of them. She met someone else though, Mathew. He's coming to her birthday party later"

"Mathew? who's that?" dad asked.

"can you believe it? Hailey found a boy!!" mom squealed.

I decided to interrupt their conversation then so I stood up and  briefly entered, giving them both a small smile.

Both of them immediately stopped talking and mom even looked startled "Oh, hey honey! won't you supposed to be resting in your room?"

"yeah... but I got hungry," I replied, opening the fridge. She's playing innocent. Well, fine by me.

Mom nodded. "okay, um... I guess I'll be heading upstairs now to take a short nap, I'll see you guys later" 

"Me too," dad joined, giving mom a pointed look. "we'll see you later sweetie"

"okay" I replied, trying to keep my frustration at bay.

"don't be late, remember to be ready by 4 alright?" mom reminded me, before she and dad disappeared upstairs.

I sighed and sat down on the kitchen counter as I munched on the apple I found. What are they hiding from me? Does Esmeralda know about this too?

Nott suddenly jumped onto my lap breaking me from my thoughts. He wagged his tail, eager to see me.

I decided to take him to the park then where he'd be able to run around and I'll be able to clear my head. The fresh air always helped.

"hey fuzzball, wanna go to the park?" I asked, patting his head.

He nodded his head eagerly, jumping around.

I laughed "alright, I'll be right back. Stay here" I pointed to my chair and he obediently sat down.

I ran upstairs and took my jacket, phone and purse before heading back downstairs.

As I was going down, I passed by mom's and dad's room.

"do you think she has met Aaron or the others yet?"

"I don't think so, but we'd better be careful, he'll come anytime when we're not aware. He may even bring his parents along" mom replied.

"yea, we'd better. Hailey looks alot like her mother though, now that she's older"

"we must hide her further, she's getting closer to them, her scent is getting stronger too, now that she's 17"

"where should we go then?"

"I'm not too sure, but definitely not around here, they'd tracked her easily over here since we've been here for almost 6 years now,"

"we'll discuss about that later with Esmeralda and Hailey then. We'll just make something up, say our house is already old or something, let's get some rest now,"

"good idea, we'll discuss further tomorrow. Night"

There was the sound of a switch being turned off and then total silence.

I felt numb. What did my parents mean? I don't even think that they are my parents anymore.

They all knew who Aaron was. Why didn't they tell me about him? who is he?

I headed downstairs and decided to call Aaron. I'll get answers from him, if that's the last thing I'll do.

××××××××××

This chapter is dedicated to : yajaira2426

Don't forget to

-Vote

-Comment

-Fan

Love every single one of you! 

NurGomez