Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Leila P.O.V

"Can I have one chocolate chip please" Loreal ordered, smiling pleasantly at the ice-cream man.

"Make that two" Austin interrupted, grinning. "Want anything Leila?" He asked.

"Um, I guess 3?"

"Awesome," He beamed. "We'll take 3 chocolate chip please" he ordered.

"Right on the way" the ice-cream man replied, scooping the ice-cream's & putting them in three different cups.

He handed it to us & Austin insisted on paying for me - which I gladly accepted before we headed out.

"Austin, can we pretty pretty please go to the park? Pleaseeeee" Loreal suddenly asked, tugging on Austin's shirt.

Austin laughed, ruffling her hair. "Alright kiddo. Is it fine Leila? The park's not that far anyway."

"Sure," I shrugged. I had nothing to do anyways, & the park wasn't such a bad idea.

Austin grab Loreal's hand before crossing the road & walked down a few rows of shops before we reached the entrance of the park. It was quite packed but peaceful enough for us to enjoy our ice-creams without any disruptions.

We walked aimlessly around the park before finding a decent seating spot which wasn't too far away from the playground as well. Seeing this, Loreal immediately munched down the last bit of her ice-cream before running off to the swings.

"We better keep an eye on her." I chuckled watching her retreating figure.

"Yeah..." Austin sighed. "Don't want another of us missing do we?" he joked.

I just grinned. "Definitely not"

We were silent after that, listening to the children's laughter at the playground, the tress rustling against the winds, people talking before I spoke up again. "Has um, father called you?" I asked, still feeling worried that Aaron haven't returned.

"Dad." He laughed, before turning serious. "I haven't heard from him since he left to get you. He should be back soon though"

"And Aaron?"

"Aaron too, of course. They'll be together" he confirmed.

"Why didn't you come? Aren't you the eldest?"

"Yeah I am" he nodded. "It's just... Dad didn't want too many people following. He said one of us would be enough. And I thought, well, since I'm the eldest, I'd be the one to follow Dad. But Aaron volunteered to come get you."

"I see..." I trailed off before I remembered something else "Hey, do you know that me & Aaron can communicate telephically?"

His eyes widened a little. "Really? Wow... that's so cool. How's that possible anyway?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "We don't know. It just suddenly came. It was weird at first, like someone's creeping in your mind but after a while, I got used to it."

"Why don't you use it now?" he asked, quirking an eyebrow. "it's free right? You don't need wifi to connect with him?"

I laughed. This dude was hilarious. "Of course not. I've tried a few times but I couldn't reach him. I think it's cause' we're too far from each other"

Austin nodded his head. "I see." He looks thoughtful for a moment. "It's very weird. I haven't heard of anyone communicating telephically. Only in books. It's something really powerful & special you know?" He explained.