Chapter 45 - Chloe (Part 3)

"Huh?"

"Your father promised me that he'd train you to be the best. I want to see your progress for myself."

Stepping back, he pulled his T-shirt over his head and tossed it to the floor. She tried not to stare at the expanse of taut muscles and structured abs but it was hard not to. He took his shoes off and set them by the door before striding out onto the padded floor.

She was still staring at him in disbelief. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about showing me what you got. I'm talking about seeing for myself if your father kept his promise." He motioned for her to follow him onto the padded floor.

"Are you insane?" she retorted. "I already spent hours this morning training."

She shifted her weight as she crossed her arms over her chest. The ache in her muscles reminded her of how hard she had worked all morning—and he wanted her to spar with him? Could he not see that she was tired? See the bruises on her arms, legs, and neck?

He flashed her a crooked smile. "So you're all warmed up for me, then."

She shook her head. "Nah, I don't want to."

She turned to leave but he lunged and pulled her away from the door. Her feet caught on the edge of the raised cushioned floor and she landed with a thud on her stomach, the wind knocked out of her. Growling, she sprang to her feet and turned to face him with clenched fists at her sides. "What the fuck, Anim? I said I didn't want to."

He strode toward her, leaving two feet between them. "And I said, show me what you got."

"Don't tell me what to do."

"I am your Alpha."

She gritted her teeth. "Not yet."

"You will show me the proper respect I deserve." He grabbed her arm and twisted it.

Crying out in surprise, she twisted it out of his grasp and stepped away from him. She glared up at him. Where was this coming from? He never addressed her like that.

"That you deserve?" She spat the last word out, bitter on her tongue. "Where do you get off on telling me what to do while grabbing me and trying to instigate a fight?"

"Do you dare question your Alpha?"

The challenge in his voice was not one of dominance to make her submit but of jest—as though he was half-playing a game but was also partially serious about it. Either way, she didn't appreciate it and wouldn't tolerate being pushed around.

Clenching her teeth, she reached up and shoved him. Her hands tingled a little upon impact on his chest but it was only for a split second. He barely budged as she drew back. "You are not my Alpha."

"But I will be. Someday. So you might as well get used to taking orders from me."

Her temper flared up. Even though she knew he was right, and she knew he was testing her—teasing her in a way—she would make it clear that she would not put up with this kind of behavior.

"I don't submit to bullies."

"I know," he said, grinning again, "and that's what I love about you."

Before she could register his words, he picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. She slid down his back and tumbled to the floor. He was on her before she could react, grabbing her heels and flipping her over. She landed on her feet, but not gracefully, as she struggled to regain her balance and footing when he was in her face and throwing punches.