9. THORNS OF TRUTH

I gradually found the books in the library interesting. Usual history is dead boring according to me but this world is quite different. I would bring Emily with me to the library and together we would read the Elvish stories, Books of Legendary creatures and all that. I particularly found the "Book of Legendary Weapons" more favourable. We were really careful in turning each pages as they were ancient and seemed to crumble if not handled with care.

The elven ladies would sometimes join us and help us understand the Elvish writings. They were really kind and would chat with us asking about our world. 'How is manners class in your world' asked a lady with purple eyes, named Cauladra. 'We don't have manners classes. Our parents would teach us how to behave and that's it' I said.

'Do you see Griffins and Pegasuses often' another girl asked. Emily and I looked at each other astonished.

'No we don't because they are not real' said Emily, the other ladies looked at us confused, 'Emily, Elves weren't supposed to be real either' I reminded her. Her face glowed with realisation and then turned to extreme surprise. 'So legendary creatures are real?!' she exclaimed. 'Yes they are. We have Unicorns tethered around the stables but we do not have the access to meet them' replied Cauladra.

We looked at the battle books and came upon a page that titled "Council of Avarherad". 'What's this about?' Emily asked pointing at the three tall wizards. 'This is Cyrus' she said pointing at a muscular wizard with quite a long beard. He is the third accounted Council master.

'This is Everad. The second Council master. And last but not the least, the all powerful, Saruman, the white wizard. There are other two but they are unknown'. 'Isn't Saruman dead?' asked Emily surprised. 'How do you know that?' I asked her. 'Lord of Rings' she whispered back. 'Yes he was killed because of his treachery against everyone. One of the other took over the Council Head seat' Cauladra said. 'Gandalf' whispered Emily to my ear.

'So are Hobbits real?' I chirped. 'Why yes they are. But they don't usually come across these borders a lot' said a lady who was busy reading a book. 'So there are Hobbits in Shire and places like that?' asked Emily in awe. 'Yes but how do you know all these things?' a lady asked. 'The Hobbit and Lord of Rings franchise' Emily piped. The ladies raised their eyebrows. I elbowed Emily in her ribs. She flinched but said quickly 'Its a book I found somewhere here'.

I suddenly spotted an elven lady in a long gown and a frown.

'Who is this?' I asked smoothing the old page to see more clearly.

A red head elven lady leaned and said 'That is Lady Laverna. She was originally meant to get married to the Aran. But he refused to marry her and he married her sister instead. Best descision ever made I say.'

'True. She and Cyrus created a bond between the orcish Kingdom to take down the middle earth' said Cauladra.

'But they lost didn't they?' I asked.

The ladies nodded. We spent another few hours reading when it was time for all of us to start combat.

We all walked together to the ground. Luthiann was sharpening the swords with Airen. 'There you are' said Luthiann seeing all of us. The ladies saw the bare chested Airen and began sweating. Airen just looked at me and began flexing his muscles slowly. I rolled my eyes at him smiling. The other ladies were swooning at him, including Emily and of course me.

'Attention ladies. Today there won't be any combat classes. We have some border problems that need to be solved. The king will have to take an upper hand at security so we won't be here. So you can go now' Luthiann said. The other ladies nodded confusedly. I waved at Airen and he winked at me. Luthiann smirked at us while Emily rolled her eyes. 'Josie you have Daemeon falling over you. Do you really need Airen?' she asked jokingly. I grinned. I have feelings for both of them but I'm just so confused. I don't want any of them to lost their brotherly touch because of me.

'I'm going to the library you wanna join me?' asked Emily. 'No I think I'll just walk around the garden to let out stress' I said taking a deep breath. 'I thought I was the girl with boy problems. Never honestly expected you to be one' Em said grinning. 'Yeah whatever' I said laughing.

I took the long way around the garden. I passed many elves and we greeted each other politely. I have become part of the family quite easily. Usually I have a big problem fitting anywhere. I was strolling slowly when I heard a faint heated conversation. It was coming from Faeranduil's royal chambers. No one was allowed in except the Aran and the Prince and few selected people, like Luthiann and Airen and servants.

I turned and started to walk away, reluctant to eavesdrop, but that was when I heard the term 'Those Humans". I stopped on my tracks. Were there other humans here other than me and Emily..? Or were they referring to us?

I went back to the door. I pressed my ears and listened.

"They have come here because of those two... I have worked so hard to bring peace to this Kingdom and I will not let anyone ruin it" said a rough hoarse voice. I first thought it was Airen but I slowly realised that it was Faerunduil himself. "Father if you are implying what I'm thinking then it will not be done" said another calm voice that trembled with anger. Daemeon, I thought.

"If my choice will save our people then it shall be done" said Faeranduil angrily. "My love. Hush..." I heard woman's voice say. That voice was highly unrecognisable and the "Hush" made me feel relaxed and drowsy. "Don't fight with your son. I'm sure you'll find a way. You always do" the woman said. "There is no other than to hand those two to Duldruz and that's that" said Faeranduil calmly but with stern stubborn voice.

"I will not let you do that" said Daemeon. "Son. I do not require your permission. And it seems like one of them has caught your eye" said Faeranduil with a deathly cold tone. "I love Josephine" Daemeon said losing his cool. I wanted to blush so hard but I knew this was something of a serious situation so I was careful not to make any noice.

"Then I want you to forget her. She will be the reason for another battle and I will not let that happen you mark my words" Faerunduil said and his footsteps became fainter. I heard the woman comforting Daemeon in Elvish.

I walked from there. My head full of from what I've heard. What is Faeranduil's problem? He was so kind before. And what was he talking about handing me and Em to someone called Duldruz? Who the hell is Duldruz?

I rushed to the library to meet Emily. I ran down the stairs and pushed open the door and saw Emily sitting on a chair with her legs on top of a couple of big books.

'Oh I'm sorry I'll clean the boo- oh its you' said Emily relieved. 'I wanted to know something from you' I said hurriedly. 'Yeah what is it?' she asked resuming the reading. 'Do you know who Duldruz is?' I asked breathing heavily. She looked at me confused and said 'I remember the name somewhere but not sure' she said rubbing her chin. 'Think harder' I pushed her.

She thoughtfully looked at the books and her face glowed with realisation. I looked at her hopefully. 'What was the name again' she asked. 'DULDRUZ!!!' I yelled. 'Ah....yes. It not a person as far as I remember. It's a kingdom' she said. 'A Kingdom?' I asked double troubled. 'Yeah an Orc Kingdom. During the battle of the four realms the Duldruz Kingdom was demolished and banned from the realm borders' she said 'But why do you- Josephine!!!!'. She yelled my name but I wasn't able to listen to another word. I had fainted.

'Dont die on me. I swear I'll be a better friend. Wake- oh my God your up' said Em heaving. I was still at the library floor and Emily was kneeling beside me. I jumped up and said fast 'Emily we have to get away from here'. 'Wow you really hit your head hard when you fell didn't you?' she said concerned. 'No you don't understand. We. Have. To. Get. Away. From. Here' I said exasperated.

'What are you talking about?' she asked. I filled her with everything I heard.

Emily's eyes went wide. 'We have to get out of here' she said. 'Thats what I was trying to tell you the whole time' I said waving my hands like a maniac....