22. WAR IN BLOODSHED

Battle scenes and fights ahead. It's going to get a little bit violent and bloody so discretion while reading is adviced.

Also a fantasy war music is added for you to enjoy...

As I stand there in my new form, Laverna decided to break the most horrible thing to say.

'I send my army of orcs to Kingdom Merobolis' she said laughing at my shocked face.

'They are not prepared...' I mumbled.

'They are not but I do not care the slightest. And now-' she said and raised her hand forming a ball of flame in her hand and positioning it '-we fight'. And she said that and threw the ball of flame at me.

I quickly raised my spear and cut through the ball, slicing it clean and it fell to the ground like two sliced rocks.

'Fast...but not fast enough' she said and threw a black smoke of fire at me.

I dodged but I smelt burnt hair.

Her smirk grew larger. I concentrated at her hands.

My anger, my wrath suddenly glowed in my hands. And flowed to the spear I was holding.

I looked at the glow and back at the shocked Laverna.

I smirked and hurled a white bright swirling mass of light at her. It hit her with extreme force that she had conjure a protection shield but stumbled a few steps.

She growled at me and pulled the same black smoke and threw it at me.

I drew a circle with my spear and the ball bursted into stars which gave a ghoulish howl.

She conjured a green spark of light and threw with all her force. It surrounded me. The light gave out a fragrnace of jasmine but it was weakening my limbs. So I tried to not inhale it. But it was doing much worse.

I fell down on my knees.

'Hah. Defeated already' Laverna mocked, coming towards me.

I looked at her and saw her hand still holding the connection of the green smoke.

I raised the spear and with a quick swipe chopped her finger off.

She screeched and she clutched her hand and the green power was gone from me. But I was still weak but started regaing my lost power.

I jumped up immediately and ran to the exit Cyrus had showed me earlier.

A few lights whizzed past my head. I turned around and saw Laverna throwing shadows and lights at me with both of her hands stretched out like a mad woman.

'You are nothing in your human form. That elvish body is a gift from Lavinia. Without that you are just a debris under a beggar's feet' she yelled.

I suddenly stopped and faced her.

I smiled at her and said 'Then maybe I don't need this body. I can defeat you in my former body and I can I show you how'.

I raised up hands and smoke of white light emerged from my hands and I threw the light at my feet.

The light swirled around me. It shone and pierced through my body. But it was completely painless. As the light diminished I was back to my human form. As Josephine.

'Hah!!! Foolish girl. You have made my job a lot easier now. Now die' she said and when about to conjure the death spell, I hit the ground with the back of my spear and a swarm of bats of the cave flew right at Laverna.

She screamed and tried to kill all of them engraging them even more.

I took the time of distraction and ran out to the exit of the cave and was greeted with blow of beautiful fresh air.