Old Faces

I do not own PJO or HOO. Uncle Rick does.

"Percy?" A girl with a messy pixy cut came forward, looking around fifteen in age. Thalia Grace, my best friend.

"Hello my old friend, it has been almost twenty years since our last chat. How have you been?" Thalia and I had kept in contact over the years. She would tell me about how the Hunt was doing or anything going on at the camps or at Olympus. On my side I told her of the way things worked here in the north and aside from Zeus and my father she was the only one to know about my resent discovery I had about sixty years ago.

"Hey Kelp-for-brains It's been, well to be honest it's never been better. We've rarely ever run into any threat, the evil titans are no where near rising, and thanks to you Gaea won't ever be coming back. How about your end?" While to all those present it just seemed like old acquaintances were catching up. However, in truth she was asking about a problem that was going on in the north.

"Well my pack has increased greatly in numbers. I have some demigods and mortals joining me more and more as time goes on. We haven't gone on any missions in quite a while so my boys are beginning to get anxious for the next one." I should probably explain. My Pack was in a way like the Hunters of Artemis. They were only boys as Warriors, they were partially immortal, and they had my blessing. Now my blessing in basics allows a wolf to be able to turn into a human and vise versa. So I had a group of wolves with me that were composed of wolves, mortals, and demigods. However, unlike the Hunters my wolves were allowed to have a mate and even kids. Their families would live with us but only the man where aloud to fight. This worked out well because male pups would be trained from little to be warriors while females were taught by their mothers on how to do their duties in the pack. No one complained about how things worked since everyone liked it, mostly because it's in our instincts as wolves.

"That's good, any new special ones yet?" She meant a special kind of demigods that I discovered about sixty years ago. "Yes we have seven new ones that have six mates with them and around twenty pups in total." You could tell that all the other Hunters were so lost and so was Artemis. I felt bad for keeping them out of the loop so I decided to change topic.

"So tell me Artemis anything new, my guess is you still hate males. Oh and did you fix that problem you told me about?" While I was away, of the people I kept in touch, Artemis was the one I talked to the most. I only kept my discovery a secret from her due to orders from Zeus.

"No, Hera won't agree to it. She says that I either find another way or never have one." About a decade ago Artemis had told me about how she wanted to have a child. However since she refuses to be with a man she wanted to make herself pregnant with her domain. Artemis is the goddess of Childbirth so she could impregnate herself or others without the need of sexual activity. The only problem was that Hera being the goddess of Family wouldn't allow her to do it or she threatens to take her baby away.

"That is a shame. I hope she changes her mind. If it helps I'm sure you would be a great mother for your pup, I mean uh, baby." She just lightly chuckled at my way of talking. "Well the way back to Olympus is long and I can tell your Hunters are tired. Come with me to my den so you can rest up for a bit. Don't even try to reject my offer Artemis, because we both know who is the more stubborn of the two." I knew Artemis hated having to accept help, but she also knew she wouldn't win an argument with me. So she just kept her comments to herself. "Now you will be the first guest I bring into my home so I ask that your hunters respect my wolves. They are all honorable men, I have raised most of them since pups with my own values. So I would appreciate it if your Hunters refrained from attacking any of them. Besides I am not responsible for the way they might respond, more importantly their very protective mates and mothers." She just gave a firm nod and turned towards her Hunters who gave a collection of groans but in the end accepted the terms. I decided it would be better if I was in my human form so I decided to change over. In my human form I wore the regular attire of a warrior in my pack. I had a fur coat, with fur gloves, with fur boots, fur pants, and a mask. The fur of my clothes was entirely white made out of rabbit, and my mask had a Alpha symbol in Greek letters inscribed into my mask showing my status as leader of the pack. My mask, unlike most that were personalized to show individual character, was just white in the shape of a wolf's face.