A Really Big Beast

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson and the Olympians or The Heroes of Olympus. Uncle Rick does.

This is exactly why I didn't want to be called back out. Being separated meant dealing with this guy.

Well, he's more of a beast than a guy.

The lighting in here was also pretty dim, so we could see to far out, but with each passing tremor, the two glowing, piercing, eyes of the beast came closer and closer.

Eventually the snout could be seen, and to no one's surprise, large canine teeth were bared.

If you thought looking at the teeth of a megaladon was scary, then you obviously haven't met Percy.

Oh, did I forget to mention? This large cereal beast in front of us was Percy, as in the original one.

Not much longer after that, the neck was visible, and around it was a much larger version of the same watch that Kronos and I had on.

This meant that this watch was probably the doing of the Boss.

When we say the "Boss", we mean the aspect that emerges from connecting everyone together.

Last time we were separated, we managed to take Percy down, but barely. I had a feeling that if Void helped, we would have no trouble taking Percy down.

Unfortunately, to no one's surprise, the space around Void started to distort. Void was sucked into a vortex, gone to not be seen until the Boss can bring us all back together.

"Asshole..." I instinctively said under my breath, hoping Little K did hear that.

Again, we didn't know much about him, but one thing is for sure. He's strong, crazy strong, and old too.

Yet, he leaves K and me to take care of Percy, so yeah, an asshole for sure.

I didn't have time to come up with a plan. As soon as Void was gone Percy howled into the roof of the place we were in.

The whole place started to shake, I could see cracks forming on the ground. Splinters of Wood began to rain down on us, which is when I realized that I was in some sort of wooden dome.

I was brought down to a knee, trying my best to cover my ears from the sound, but it was as if it just passed right through physical objects.

"Ow, loud puppy!" I looked to my side to see that K wasn't doing much better avoiding the noise.

When Percy stopped howling, he looked down at us again, and he looked mad pissed.

I saw his head rear slight back, and I knew exactly what that meant. He was ready to pounce, and pounce he did.

"Alright kid, get ready!" Little K may be in the body of a little boy, but that didn't mean he wasn't powerful or in full control of his powers.

Percy leap into the air, totally changing the landscape from where he came, and was already on to us in to time.

For such a large form, he moves frighteningly fast. His teeth were aimed at me, while his paws at K.

I knew I would be fast enough to dodge the attack, but it's a good thing I have crazy good defense.

As his snout was coming down on me, I raised both hands, and the earth rose, creating to large cliffs in a V shape.

Percy's paws would reach K first before his jaws reached me, but K slowed time around him and simultaneously sped his movements up. In a golden flash he was meters away from the paws path.