A Little Beast

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson and the Olympians or The Heroes of Olympus. Uncle Rick does.

The beast, that was Gustav, let out roar to showcase its power. The ground shook, things fell, the walls and floor cracked, and the girls even passed out.

As soon as he was done trying to intimidate me he lunged at me. His moves, while definitely superior to anything a human should posses, were still too slow to catch me.

I dodged his reckless attempt, but the raw power was still noticeably strong. As I set my footing the ground shook again, making it hard to maintain my balance.

Before I could the Beast lunged at me once more. This time, while I was able to see it coming, I was unable to avoid being tackled and was instead hit and set flying back like a ragdoll.

I crashed against the wall, leaving the once decorative marble structure looking like a demolition crew had come threw.

I felt my heart racing. I hadn't face such a formidable foe in so long. Since I became an immortal there were very few beings that stood above or equal to me in power.

This Beast was not close to the level of a primordial like me, but he was definitely strong enough to take on an Olympian.

Whoever is behind this creation, they had recreated a monster that was on par with those of older times, those that even gods feared to meet.

I felt a the adrenaline kick in, the rush, it was amazing.

I knew that, given the situation, I shouldn't be enjoying this, but somewhere I instinctively began to get excited by the prospect of a challenge.

This time as Gustav had jutted at me again, I propelled myself right at him too. I was able to land my punch right where the temple is before he could land his attack, which was his talons aimed at my throat.

The Beast was shot down into the ground, adding to the collection of craters in the room. Before he could get up I punted his ass across the room, sending him flying straight to the opposite wall from where I was.

While he was recovering I took the time to change my physical form as well.

The ground began to rumble again. All the rubble from the ground and walls began to fly towards me. They began to mass together, making a huge heap of rubble that varied in sizes of chunks.

The rubble formed into a large rock golem, which stood only slightly taller than the Beast. When my transformation was over, the Beast had also recovered and seemed to be more pissed off about being tossed around than actually physically hurt.

The fight became very feral after that. Neither of us used any sort of strategy or technique. Instead it was just a contest of raw strength. A display of dominance.

It ran towards me, with as much force as a bullet train. It swung at my left leg, while I swung at its snout. Its talons dug into the rubble that formed my golem body, making some chunks fly off or bigger ones crumble.

My punch knocked out some of the fangs that lined its snout, and its face was swung hard right.

I myself landed on one knee as the left leg of my golem could no longer support its body. The marble that was damaged was easily restored, but unfortunately for the Beast, it did not seem to posses regenerative powers.

I tried getting up, but before I could, the beast hopped into the air and kicked my right arm with both hooves, cracking it and leaving it vulnerable. I tried to turn away from it, but its talons reached my arm and with a flap of his wings it took my arm with it.