Looking Back

I do not own Percy Jackson and the Olympians or Heroes of Olympus, uncle Rick does.

After sitting there for a good while, the girls finnaly came out from the hallway that led to their rooms. They didnt dress particularly different, nor could I notice any changes in their physical appearance, but they somehow seemed to just... glow.

No, they didn't glow, I've seen people glow before, I live around immortals after all.

This was different. They didn't glow, but it felt as if they should be glowing. Almost as if you were expecting them to, but whenever you looked closer, there wasnt anything there.

"So Percy, what do you have planned for us today?" asked Alyssa.

To which I intelligently answered, "Well, we have to uh, uh, plan. Plan for today, and the days after that I suppose. I dont know, I dont know much about planning, I just know it's a step in the process."

"Yeah, sounds about right." Claire pointed out as she stepped into the living room. "IS has been up early this morning. We can head over there now, or after eating breakfast."

"After breakfast is probably for the best. If I'm going to pay attention to all this, I'm not doing it on an empty stomach." I proclaimed.

"I thought as much, so I have breakfast already set up. Please follow me." Claire told the girls as she turned and walked out the way she came. I already knew where we where headed. She was leading us towards a different place this time, not the same dinning hall as last time. This was much closer to the kitchen and also lead to the garden in the back of the estate.

There was a oval shaped table that was set next to windows that looked out to the garden. We sat down and I nodded for Claire to sit with us. Our relationship was complicated to say the least. There was no doubt that she was one of my mates, but since she is one of my employees in a since, she probably doesn't want to change the professional mood in the work area. I'm hoping that maybe she will consider retiring from here. She has been the Head of IS longer than anyone else, and by a considerable amount, and before then she was working her way up to the top. All together she's been here over a century.

Putting aside the fact that I'd rather have her close by, she still deserves to just take a break, she has done enough, in fact she's done more for thus institute than anyone else. I think it's time for her to take a step back and let someone else take over the steering wheel around here. Perhaps I will have a talk with her once this whole mission is over.

Breakfast was simple. It was from a choice of pancakes, waffles, or omelets, and a side pf either fruit or pastries.

We enjoyed our breakfast in silence. It wasn't awkward, we just didn't speak, and it was nice and very therapeutic in a way.

Artemis and I finished before the others. Perhaps it is because we are used to eating rapidly. having spent so much time in the field, I've learned to just eat and not waste time tasting my food.

Artemis gave me a certain look, which was a clear signal that she had something to say. I excused myself from the table with the excuse that I wanted some fresh air. I took the door that lead outside to the garden. Looking behind myself I saw Artemis standing up from her chair, saying something that I could not hear from the outside, but I'm sure it was something along the lines of what I said.

I  continued my path, but as I'm sure Artemis would get lost in this garden without me, I made sure to alwasy stay in her line of sight. the path I took eventually led to a small stream right outside the boundaries of the garden. I stood there looking out into the Canadian wilderness.

It was a wonderful forest. I beleive it was only natural for me to fall in love with this northern region in the world do to my nature, but i think I would have loved this place regardless.