Sniffing a Trail

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson and the Olympians or Heroes of Olympus. Uncle Rick does.

I drifted back to reality as I woke back up. I can sometimes play with reality, but it's perhaps best not to dwell too much on the past, and all the what if's.

Even though I was awake I kept my eyes shut until I was out of bed. What greeted me was no longer the mirage of an alternate past, but the reality of my room. I checked my watch, sure I was always aware of what the time is, but old habits die hard.

It was about the time that we would arrive at the enemy base. I took a deep breath and walked into the closet, which held any set of clothes that I desired. Being a god does come with its few perks that I don't mind taking advantage of.

Considering the mission I picked out all white clothing. A simple long white shirt, white cargo pants, and some white Oakley boots. There was no need for anything to keep me warm, the cold was my natural habitat now after all.

I looked at my watch one more time before stepping out of the room. The fact that three people that I actually care for are with me makes me that more nervous about using this thing, but the fact that they are here makes it even more crucial for mission success. Obviously that's considering that it actually works.

Opening the door I found Claire and John already waiting for me outside my room. "It's time, sir"

"Of course it is, and so am I. Are the girls ready?"

"Artemis is, and is already waiting at the door ready to leave. I checked on Anna, she seemed to be ready too, but she just wanted some more time by herself before coming out. Alyssa however, seems to be delayed."

"Thank you John, you may go and relax, we'll be out of here soon. Claire, go get Anna and meet me at the front door, I'll go see what's holding Alyssa."

"Yes sir," they both responded in unison before going separate ways, and I took off in the direction of the room that Alyssa and Artemis were sharing.

When I reached the door I lightly knocked. I couldn't quite hear anything until I heard Alyssa's voice telling me to come inside.

I opened the door to find Alyssa seemingly ready to leave. She had her case that carried her riffle and a bag of what I'm sure are personal items as well as possible necessities.

"Sorry, are you all waiting on me?"

"Yeah, but we're still good on time, we can wait a little longer if you'd like?"

"No, we shouldn't. We should get going. I was just... I was just worried about what could happen. I know though that whatever happens will happen, eventually, so there is no point in waiting. We should just invite the outcome and greet it with the best attitude that we can. "

"Learned that from your Dad didn't you?"

"I haven't learned anything from my father, except the fact that apparently I'm a demititan and that he probably hates me given the fact that he threw my mother and I out of his life. If you're referring to my stepfather though, yes he has taught me many things and has always treated me as if I was actually his daughter. Unfortunately, as much as I wish he was, he's not my real father, Koios is, and despite everyone telling me how horrible of a titan he is, I can't help but want to meet him in person. I want to see it myself, I want to hear it from him. That he really plans on doing all these awful things, and that he actually doesn't love me."

"I understand how you feel. I was a demigod once. Granted I never really had a good father figure growing up, but suddenly I found out who my real father was, and despite everyone blaming him for crimes he supposedly did, I felt compelled to at least give him the benefit of the doubt. Considering that, I think it is best that you see for yourself what kind of person your biological father is." She nodded, but didn't say anything, as she probably noticed that I wasn't finished speaking yet, "However, know that Koios is willing to lie to you if it's of any benefit to him. Before, as a mere child, you and your mother would have been nothing but liabilities to him. Now you are fully grown, and while your powers have yet to manifest, now that you are aware of what you are, it will only be a matter of time. Besides, he could always just force them to manifest. Another thing that you should consider is that your stepfather didn't just take you and your mother in as a charity case. He truly loves your mother, and when he found out about you, that didn't do a thing to deter him from winning your mother over. If anything it solidified his love as he fell in love with you too. "