First Foot in the Water

I do not own PJO or HOO. Uncle Rick does.

I always wake up at six, so it was no surprise to see Rhea still sleeping. I didn't want to wake her, but I wasn't going to just leave her alone, that would be rude. I stood up from the bed, trying my hardest not to move it too much, and walked over the kitchen inside of the chambers. Now most people think that I would have no cooking skill, but people would also be surprised to know that over the two hundred-or-so years I've had much time to learn handy skills. One of those is how to prepare omelets. I made two, I knew that Rhea was a vegetarian so I left out the meat in hers while I put Canadian ham in mine, and as far as I know she's not vegan so I doubt she would mind eating eggs. I also prepared some coffee for us, from scratch, it always tastes better that way. She would soon wake up but still I placed a time lock on the food so it wouldn't go cold. I took the plates and walked back into the bedroom. I placed her plate on her bedside table and mine on a table next to a sofa on the opposite side of the bed. I pulled out my current book I was reading. Hamlet by Shakespeare, I realize it's a book I would have never seen myself reading as a demigod, but now as a god I no longer have dyslexia, and so I got into reading. This is actually the fiftieth-or-so time I'm reading this play. As I expected it didn't take long for Rhea to wake up. She stirred for a while until she finally sat up in the bed.

"Well good morning sleeping beauty, I made breakfast in case your hungry." To say that Rhea was surprised to hear my voice would be a major understatement. She shrieked in a way not expected of such a highly regarded lady such as her. She threw the bedsheets over herself and visibly curled into a ball.

"Perseus? What are you doin- oh yes, yesterday night. I'm surprised you woke up before me, I usually wake up earlier than most people. Are you reading Hamlet?"

"Yes it's me, last night was not just a dream, I am in fact reading Hamlet and please just call me Percy, Perseus is too formal, plus mostly only my enemies call me that. Any other questions? Cause you breakfast will run cold if you don't eat it." Well actually it would stay in perfect condition due to the time lock.

"Um yes, thank you. An omelet... does it have meat?" She was cautious of the food as if eating meat was like eating poison for her.

"No worries, mine does but yours is meat free. Now we should hurry and get ready cause we have to announce my first mate, let's see if they approve, shall we?" Rhea let out a sigh before she grabbed her fork and began to eat away at the omelet.

"By Chaos Perseus, I mean Percy, I could certainly get accustomed to waking up like this, I mean where did you learn how to cook like this, it's amazing."

"Well my dear queen, as you know my pack doesn't consist of only warriors. Those warriors have families and the many wives, who showed me a few tricks. Now I'm glad you're enjoying your dinner, but in ten minutes Leto will come in to check on you since you over slept, and if she finds me here with you things will not be comfortable for any of us. However, I'm not leaving until you finish your breakfast." I checked my hand as if I had a watch, which most people would think I always carry with me since I'm Lord of Time, but I always know the time, and so they're useless to me.

"Well you can be certain that I am going to finish this, it would be an awful shame to leave such a wonderful platter uneaten. Besides are you gonna stay here and watch me as I change?"

"Well that I too could get used to waking up like that. Besides you really shouldn't be embarrassed, I mean there are literal statues of you naked." She sighted at the comment.

"Don't remind me, those Greeks were proper perverts. At least the Romans had the decency of depicting me with clothes on. Besides, I don't even have to change like a mortal," she snapped her fingers and went from a night gown to a white robes with gold trimming and a queen's olive crown on her her. " see very easy and simple."