Tough Situations

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson and the Olympians or Heroes of Olympus. Uncle Rick does.

Before I could understand exactly what was going on, soldiers began to file out from every direction. These were not just any ordinary mercenaries, they were professionals. Trained to kill just about anything, even us gods.

"Get in the building, now!" I yelled at the three that were with me.

Artemis nodded, grabbing Anna's arm and dragging her inside while Alyssa followed them inside.

"Don't worry, I'll keep any more mercenaries from going inside, but if there is any more in there, you three are on your own." I spoke to Artemis through the coms.

"What are we supposed to do in here though?" I heard Alyssa question.

"I'll be too busy taking care of these mutts to be guiding you all through the search, so I'll patch you three to Claire back on IS and she'll take it from there." I replied while avoiding shots from multiple targets. I picked up an assault riffle from the ground, aiming as best as I could with only one hand.

The other hand was busy using a com device so that I could connect IS to our coms.

"Perseus, is everything alright? I'm hearing gunshots, many of them."  I heard Claire's voice come in through my earpiece.

I no longer cared about restricting my powers. Soon Koios would be notified of our current location. I knew it would happen, but I just hopped we'd be out of here by then. Since I didn't have to hold back I slowed time down and made every shot count, taking out multiple targets out at once.

"Not really but I'm taking care of it. For now, I need you to get in touch with Artemis and lead them through the rest of the mission. Unfortunately, I'll be too busy entertaining these soldiers."

"Roger, should we send reinforcements?"

"No, I can handle this place on my own, but once we find the location of Koios we'll need to leave before he has time to relocate. However, there seems to be some serious research going on in here, so once I clear this place out, send troops over here to occupy the base. Capture any noncombatants, execute those that are not of any importance, and interrogate any high ranking officers."

"What about our main target?"

"I'll try my best to capture him, but that may not be a possibility. I must go now, can I trust you to carry these orders out?"

"Don't worry, focus on taking those bastards out, I'll take care of the rest and I will get in contact with Michael to request some warriors."

I knew Claire wouldn't let me down, so not having to worry about anything else, I placed my full undivided attention on the problem in front of me.

I placed the coms device back into its pouch, and scanned the situation. There were at least three dozen soldiers in front of me. Some ere normal grunts while some were equipped with the new black material armor and weapons.

In a flash I was covered in an armor made entirely of ice. I had Riptide in hand, but it was also covered in a layer of ice. I still have a very strong control over any type of water, even more than when I was a demigod, but now I have an even stronger control of any water that is frozen.

That meant that I had control of frozen water down to the molecular level, making my armor much stronger than any metal since I am able to keep the molecules from separating, making it harder to pierce or cut through. At the same time, I can make my blade much sharper than anything Hephaestus ever could.