Memories

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson and the Olympians or The Heroes of Olympus. Uncle Rick does.

So the shout-out for Wattpad goes to @Matt_heir_of_Chaos

"What does it look like, it's me embracing the second amendment." I reply with a sarcastic tone, accompanied by a side of lopsided smirk.

"As in the one that guarantees our freedom from the government monitoring our day-to-day lives by the use of privately owned technology?" Mentioned Anna, and with a smug look, may I add.

"Sorry, but I was referring to the second amendment to the old constitution. You know, part of that sacred American holiness known as the Bill of Rights." Anna apparently didn't seem to be humoured by my comment, that's if a roll of the eyes and sudden loss of interest is anything to base off of.

"Well, I'm certainly not complaining, ooh, can I take this one?" Alyssa began, only for her sight to zero in on a certain modified version of the 50 cal. Well, maybe modified won't due, more like remodelled. I'm not sure what was quicker, Alyssa reaching for the 50 cal., or Homer Simpson running after a donut.

"This is the vampiric model of the 50 cal., the V-5R0. Now let me explain what that means. It has better speed, better range, better penetration, and better stoping power. However, that's not what makes it far superior than mortal snipers. Mortal firearms use metal bullets that are shot out of barrels by the explosion of the gunpowder in a very small area, making the forward force immense as the gasses from the explosion try to expand and must push the bullet out to do so, and as the laws of force go, every action has a equal, but opposite, reaction, thus recoil is created. Well you can say bye bye to all of that with vampiric weapons, also bullet drop and a much faster bullet speed, so a much reduced bullet travel time." I explained, with a little too much pride.

"Basically the perfect riffle?"

"Basically the perfect rifle. Also, it's fully automatic and semi, but I suggest to stick to semi, bigger bullets require more blood, I believe I don't need to explain what happens when a person looses too much blood." Alyssa eagerly nodded, obviously too in love with her new toy to pay me much attention anymore.

"Well, do you have something perhaps a little less... big?" Anna asked as she looked around the arsenal of guns, looking almost intimidated by their size and numbers.

"Well, I do believe I have the perfect thing just for you." I opened case containing a experimental gun. "The V-E26, also know as the "Smart Gun". It can be used semi or fully, but it's best feature, and the reason for its name, is its target lock-on and seeking system. It works using these," I pulled a pair of tactical glasses out of the same case and handing both to Anna. "It works like this: you put on the headpiece, the headpiece will connect to your brain through your blood, and then to the gun. After that the gun will be able to use your sense of sight to lock-on to a target and hit it, guaranteed most of the time. You see, the reason why it's still experimental is because it requires much brain power, which I believe you have." Finishing with a smile, I looked to see Anna sigh in relief.

"Perfect, cause I've never shot a gun before, and I'm not to keen on the idea of killing. That said, with my knowledge of the human anatomy, I'm sure I can stop then without needing to kill them." It's as if the gun was designed specifically for her.

"Well, these two have their toys, so what do I get?" Artemis asked, looking even more lost than Anna, I guess guns are not as much her expertise as bows are. "Well, we don't only specialise in modern firearms, we do have some weapons for people who prefer the old fashion way of dealing with people, or other things. Let me show you." I walked over to an empty wall to the right of the room where nothing seemed to be hung or displayed. Applying pressure to the right place activated the gears and the door slid back before falling to the ground.