🐸 THE8 BDAY SPECIAL 🐸

"𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓉𝓌𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓋𝑒"

soft knocks came at minghao's door. he paused his reading and stared at the block of wood, thinking that he misheard. it's only when an even softer "haohao?" filtered through the wood that minghao rushed to open the door. junhui stood there, paper bag in hand. his eyes looked darkened and tired. "junhui? what are you doing up? it's..." he looked at the time. "it's twelve in the morning." junhui stared back, mind still a little blank. "oh, yeah. that's the point." he walked into minghao's room like it was his own. minghao asked about the paper bag. "ah," junhui passed it over with two hands on the paper rope, "present."

"h-huh?" the room wasn't lit enough by the fairy lights and the night lamp by minghao's bed, so he turned on the main room light to see in the bag better. inside were 3 presents. minghao's mouth hung open in shock, as did junhui's to deliver a loud yawn. "wen junhui! what's this?" "birdie told me it's your birthday. so," he gestured sleepily to the item(s), "present."

clearly junhui had woken up in a cold sweat just to deliver this gift to minghao at midnight straight away. it was obvious by his numerous yawns, constant eye-rubbing and sleepy grins at minghao's excitement and wonder. "what's this?" minghao unwrapped a book. "it's a journal. didn't know if you preferred clean or gridded so i got it dotted; best of both worlds." minghao gave a confused yet grateful look. it took a bit of silence before junhui registered it though. "a-ah! um... i know you like art as well," he gestured to the paintings surrounding the room and minghao's box of art supplies in the corner. "so i thought maybe you'd like to try something a little new? bullet journalling." minghao flipped through the book.

"your name's been pressed into the leather, haohao." he nodded and smiled softly, tracing the dents in the form of his name ever so gently, "i see it, huihui." junhui yawned again, "there's more." the paper rustled as minghao brought out a box and a smaller paper bag. he opened the box first. "stickers, junhui? really?" the boy giddily laughed. things always seemed funnier late at night (especially when you were as sleep-deprived as wen junhui, who had spent countless hours trying to navigate korean websites to order all these items). minghao shook his head but smiled at the kid junhui was. the paper bag held notepads and other paper-type materials like sticky notes. then, littered all in the main bag was an array of washi tapes.

"junhui!" minghao gasped, shocked by the sheer amount of items junhui had gotten. well, he sure as hell didn't have any of this with him when he came so 'bought' would've been the better word. minghao slowly stuffed the items back in the bag, periodically looking back at the boy across him on his bed with wide eyes. junhui just sat there, no more awake than he had been 15 minutes ago, and definitely not paying attention to minghao's occasional stares. with a loud rustle, the paper bag was roughly set on the floor. the loud noise startled an already zoning out junhui. but what caught him even more by surprise was minghao throwing himself onto him.

the older found his arms to wrap comfortably around minghao's waist, while the younger had already locked his arms behind junhui's neck. soft giggles escaped minghao out of the pure joy and happiness that was flowing through him. "did you like it?-"

"yes!" minghao pushed himself off a little just so he could look into junuhi's eyes. "yes, of course!" minghao's radiant smile ripple effected onto junhui and he also displayed a smile, albeit a less energetic one. "good..." minghao's hands cupped junhui's cheeks so lightly and junhui's sleepy smile rushed his heart with love. the soft comforter and blankets under junhui was beginning to lull him to sleep and minghao could tell. he didn't want him to go just yet.

"before you float away into your dreams, will you listen to me first?" junhui managed a nod. his eyes were fluttering close, so minghao reverted his room back into night-reading mode (his bedside lamp and fairy lights only) for junhui's comfort. minghao rolled over, tucked the two of them under his sheets and decided to let junhui sink into sleep as he whispered his words of thanks.

"i'm thankful you got these gifts for me. it must've been hard to get, i'm assuming. you're somewhere unfamiliar yet you went out of your way and out of your comfort zone to get all these gifts," minghao gently chuckled, still disbelieving. "just for me." one leg hooked over junhui's two, his free hand softly tracing the lines that make up wen junhui. "you're really something, wen junhui." minghao snuggled up to junhui so that his head was next to junhui's comfortably. a content sigh, a smaller nuzzle.

junhui was fast asleep.

one leg hooked over junhui's two, one arm thrown over junhui's chest. two different hands interlocked, two bodies sharing one warmth. three words unsaid but hung above their heads in the darkness of the night.

"i love you."

a/n: i'm not that late this time!! woohoo this idea literally JUST came to me n i finished in.. like <2 hours?? woww ALSO! pls check my newest post on da community board && answer if you'd like! thank you! <33 i also updated smth about ave17 there if you go a few posts down <3 tqsm for reading !!! ily a lot rmb dat <3

호랑해🐯
- eli <33