😼WONWOO BDAY SPECIAL😼

" 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓂𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝓂𝑒 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒻𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓈𝓁𝑒𝑒𝓅; 𝓌𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝓎 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂? "- 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 / 𝘖𝘝𝘈𝘕, 𝘝𝘈𝘕

- 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 / 𝘖𝘝𝘈𝘕, 𝘝𝘈𝘕.𝘊

mingyu pops his head around the corridor like he usually does. when wonwoo's attention is grabbed, he smiles and walks over to him. wonwoo's been on his phone on the couch. "you look really happy..." wonwoo says. mingyu laughs, "you're right. but that because i'm excited for later." wonwoo's confused. did mingyu have a thing that he didn't know about? another party? meeting? why would mingyu be excited about a meeting...? ah... how can wonwoo not know mingyu's schedule?

"what's later?" he finally asks. mingyu's grin gets impossibly wider and his nose crinkles, which wonwoo thinks is absolutely endearing. "i'm taking you out." wonwoo's stunned.

"...which kind?" mingyu laughs again, "i'm not gonna kill you, hyung. i could never hurt you." he boops wonwoo's nose and moves to the other end of the couch with the remote in hand. wonwoo buries his blush back in his reddit homepage, trying to curl himself further away from mingyu in embarrassment.

a while of mingyu checking the time over and over later, he ushers wonwoo into his room, "w-what?" the older gasps. "secret. stay." out of what seems like reflex, wonwoo makes pleading eyes and clutches his phone to his chest. mingyu catches on and sighs, "okay, okay. you can go to my room. just stay in there and don't go into the living room." with that, wonwoo spreads himself out on mingyu's bed and simply... drifts off to sleep, the scent of their detergent and mingyu lulling him deeper.

wonwoo's shaken awake by mingyu, eyes concerned. "hyung! you fell asleep..." wonwoo sees, hears and feels the evident disappointment coming from mingyu. wonwoo silently curses at himself for ruining mingyu's date idea that he so meticulously planned. "gyu... gyu i'm so sorry... i didn't expect to fall asleep-" mingyu quickly replaces his sadness with a smile, "it's okay! this can still work!" he starts going through his closet and then looks at wonwoo, who's staring blankly, still dazed from sleep. "hyung, go change! i'll meet you at the rooftop."

wonwoo decides it's best to wear something that could protect him from those winds up there. it's not usually that cold but he likes to prepare. when he finally emerges from his own room, he checks mingyu's room and the living room and realises the boy left. "so fast..."

after climbing the stairs and opening the doors to the roof, wonwoo catches mingyu mid-preparation. "oh my god hyung you're not supposed to be here yet oh no oh no oh no- CLOSE YOUR EYES." in a hurry, wonwoo places his hands over his eyes. "i-i'm sorry, gyu- oh my god... all i did was ruin everything i'm so sorry!" wonwoo yelps as mingyu sets him on some sort of cushiony surface, eyes still covered. "no no don't worry, hyung. it's gonna be okay. this is still gonna be good."

finally, wonwoo can uncover his eyes. him and mingyu are seated across from each other. a white tablecloth-covered table stands between them, the plates piled with food. a single candle sits on the left table edge to wonwoo, while one of the beams making up a little shelter has its lamp turned on to provide more light.