[ 二十二 ] TWENTY TWO

[ "a shame, i wanted to use All I Wanna Do by Jay Park:(" ]

at the sound of knocking, mingyu opened his front door only to roll his eyes and sigh. before he could shut the door completely, soonyoung poked his foot through the small gap and winced at the sharp corner of the door pressing into his foot. "wait mingyu-!"

seungkwan frowned, "mingyu-hyung please don't shut the door, we want to apologise!" at this, mingyu side eyed the two and their pleading faces. "fine."

soonyoung fiddled with his phone constantly, flipping it over and over, digging into the sides of his phone case. seungkwan kept biting his lip and occasionally zoning out into the distance. before anything was said, mingyu already saw the state that the two were in. in his mind, he'd already forgiven them. it was just a matter of why. why had they ruined such a nice night for him and wonwoo? everything had been going so well... mingyu had splurged a little more than usual on wonwoo and the older had been smiling and laughing all night... until those texts came in and he read them. after that, it was a painfully long drive home along with maximum distance and minimum contact.

"you know, mingyu, just... well, seungkwan and i are sorry. we're really really sorry." soonyoung finally spoke. mingyu didn't spare a look at them and soonyoung began to worry, causing him to spill too much. "w-we just.. i'm sorry mingyu, this is really my fault. all i wanted was to push you and wonwoo closer because, well, all of us in the chat have been talking about the two of you and how cute you guys look so i just kinda told everyone that i wanted to... bully- i used the word bully, i know i shouldn't have said that, i'm so sorry-"

"hyung." seungkwan stopped the older's rambling with a hand on his shoulder and a frown on his face. mingyu finally raised his head, "chat? what other chat do you have? you gossiped about us?" mingyu's tone shot soonyoung straight to silence. he fucked up. jihoon was so gonna have his ass and not in the good way.

seungkwan received a worried glance from soonyoung and was forced to try to alleviate the situation. "you're such a fucking mess-" he spat quietly. "look, mingyu-hyung.. we're sorry we pushed our thing too far. we're sorry we ruined the great chemistry you and wonwoo-hyung have all for our sick pleasures. we had no right to talk about your and wonwoo-hyung's private businesses at all. we're truly sorry. please accept this apology."

mingyu couldn't lie, he still felt a little unfulfilled since his question about whatever other chatroom went unanswered. but this would do. "we should've gotten wonwoo too..." soonyoung exclaimed. mingyu shook his head, "he's out somewhere downstairs. and... i forgive you guys. you can always message him though. he probably can't face you guys anyway."

ouch. soonyoung outwardly winced.

"we understand. thank you so much, mingyu-hyung." seungkwan said. as they were walked out to the corridor, mingyu made a comment on seungkwan and hansol's video. "i saw the video last night, kwan-ah. it's was good. made me sleep, which isn't a bad thing at all by the way-" mingyu's subtle indicator made seungkwan comfortable enough to laugh along, "thank you, i worked really hard and i didn't even have jihoon-hyung riding up my ass for every wrong note." he joked, making all three laugh.

【 ☆ 】

off peak hour was the best for seokmin and joshua to relax and enjoy their café atmosphere without too much stress. seokmin went up to the monitor and selected NU'EST's 'Call Me Back' on queue as the previous song ended. joshua scrolled through their group chat with a frown. "jesus, what's been happening? that's just... too much tension."

seokmin sighed,leaning against one of their counters. "soonyoung-hyung is a little too supportive of mingyu and wonwoo-hyung's rumoured 'relationship'. he just heavily believes in the fact that mingyu and wonwoo-hyung, like, really like each other." joshua looked more confused, "how do you even know this?" with a couple swipes and taps on his screen, seokmin showed him the chat, scrolled back to where it all started.

"he and seungkwan took it too far and then jihoon-hyung slapped him hard in the block chat, as you probably saw."

joshua passed the phone back to seokmin and sighed, "wow... i just can't believe this happened...? it's kinda surreal."

"also why are you in the gossip chat?" joshua squinted his eyes in faux suspicion at his boyfriend. seokmin only shot him that dazzling grin that joshua had fallen for (and will forever fall for) and walked away. "get back here you little-"

【 ☆ 】

"yeah.. this is good." soonyoung commented, panting hard. he tiredly smiled at minghao, who had to take his jacket off saying it "weighed him down". the chinese boy smiled back, both satisfied with their routine. "feels good to be back." soonyoung punched minghao's shoulder lightly, "eyy, you miss one day and act like you haven't danced in a week."

the boys had been practicing the special performance that they had promised their little crew of teens. it had seemed like they became close really fast despite the age differences. soonyoung guessed they spent time after classes hanging out together, which was kinda cute in his opinion. he had heard them call themselves the 'dream team' which made his heart swell at the youthful and innocent sight.

"okay~ do you have something in mind for this week's class?" soonyoung asked, setting his phone aside and looking at minghao through the mirror. "of course~ you know i'm always prepared every week, be it my turn to choreo or not." soonyoung joked around, "mm~ that's why you keep stealing all my dance credits~" minghao smirked as he put on a groovy and fun song. soonyoung watched what he had to offer.

"wow! that's...quite a performance. ah~ knew i could rely on you." soonyoung commented, clapping and smiling as minghao bowed to finish of his showcase. "what song is this? it's really catchy." soonyoung asked, going to grab minghao's phone. "it's 'Summer Days' by Martin Garrix. heard it on one of the foreign radios once. its catchiness was why i chose it. i feel like the boys will like it a lot." minghao drank from his water bottle and soonyoung agreed. "nice nice. alright now teach me."

a/n: slightly shorter for two reasons 1) quick update 2) if i continued, this would be like 3000 words :/ also i'm so so sorry for being so late?? fuck man, i don't know why suddenly nothing is coming to me. but hopefully the stresses of school starting in about 2 weeks will also stress me to writing more:')

btw the intro quote? yeah i was searching for possible dances/songs that soonhao could be using for their performance and i wanted to use All I Wanna Do by Jay Park bc he did a dance with 1Million aka the best studio in the world <33 but it couldn't work bc err reasons,, if you watch the dance you would know why LOL anyway i'll be back with an update in the next 6-10 days i promise <3

thank u my lovelies for staying 🥺🥺

호랑해!🐯
- eli