[ 十三 ] THIRTEEN

[ "take him out before i take you out FIRST" ]

"it's only what... lunch time and i'm already tired. how do you stare at this screen for so long?" soonyoung had never ending complaints and jihoon was about to burst. it wasn't annoying but... okay, maybe it was a little annoying. he understood though; to soonyoung, writing lyrics wasn't something he was used to, so naturally it would be more challenging for him than for jihoon. "lunch break?" jihoon asked. soonyoung had never heaved such a loud sigh of relief than when jihoon officially declared it lunch break.

"i've been waiting for so long to attack that can of coke in the mini fridge, wow..." as soonyoung made a beeline for the mini fridge and said coke, jihoon rolled his eyes and sipped his vitamin water; this time it was orange flavoured. and he absolutely hated it. "you've got more patience for coke than writing the lyrics to your own song?" jihoon joked, but soonyoung couldn't answer as he downed nearly half the can in one go. "oh, a mistake." he deadpanned as the carbonation attacked his throat and tongue and he pulled extreme faces while jihoon laughed. truth be told, if soonyoung could hear jihoon laugh like that all the time, he'd suffer through carbonation attacks any day.

soonyoung's phone then rang as jihoon unwrapped another ham cheese bun to munch on. "yeah, myungho?" the younger had a slight worried tone in his voice and it made soonyoung curious. "right okay so... see, i wanted to surprise you with an early birthday gift by offering to renovate your building and let you customise the dance studio and all but uh..." minghao hesitated. "yeah, but uh... junhui suddenly needs this money right now so i was wondering if you were gonna be okay with this?- i'm sorry! i'll get you a present still i'm really sorry, it was so sudde-" the younger was starting to nervous ramble and soonyoung calmed him down, "don't worry, it's totally fine! hey, we've survived so long with it in this condition; come on, we don't need to renovate it. that was pretty generous of you though. thanks, myungho."

he felt the relief over on minghao's side. "oh, this is so great! i think i'll have enough to fly him over- ah! anyway, thanks so much, hyung! love you! bye!" he hung up, leaving soonyoung confused, "fly him over...?" jihoon looked at him, interest piqued. soonyoung sat back on the sofa and texted the group chat, swearing for the nth time over the stupid group chat name.

SBG🥰🥰

You: BREAKING TEA:
You: SEO MYUNGHO'S PLANNING TO FLY JUNHUI OVER!

Seungkwan: what

Jihoon🥰: what the fuck
Jihoon🥰: that was what the call was about?

You: YES!

Jeonghan: OH MY GOD😱😱
Jeonghan: wait why suddenly

You: that!!
You: idk LOL

Seungkwan: ,,

Jeonghan: you're the worst but also the best 😔

You: nice! so can we change the name now

jihoon sighed, putting his phone to one side faced down. "just let them be. for all we know, they might never change it." soonyoung pouted, "that's horrible." jihoon turned to the track and the notepad of lyrics and possible themes they had come up with in the span of 4 hours; one of which was soonyoung's circled and highlighted note that read 'TITLE HAS TO HAVE THE WORD DANCE IN IT'. jihoon softly chucked at the bold and loud note, "what can i say? we have horrible, terrible friends."