😇 JEONGHAN BDAY SPECIAL 😇

" 𝒷𝑒𝒶𝓊𝓉𝓎, 𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁𝒾𝑔𝑒𝓃𝒸𝑒, 𝓌𝑜𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇

" 𝒷𝑒𝒶𝓊𝓉𝓎, 𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁𝒾𝑔𝑒𝓃𝒸𝑒, 𝓌𝑜𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇...? 𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓅𝒾𝒸𝓀𝓈, 𝒸𝒽𝑜𝒾 𝓈𝑒𝓊𝓃𝑔𝒸𝒽𝑒𝑜𝓁 "

"hannie i swear to god, do not go to the gardens please. promise me?" seungcheol felt like he'd been begging for ages. jeonghan raised his eyebrow, a telling sign that what he said next would most likely be a lie.

"sure,"
"no, promise me hannie." seungcheol held out a pinky finger. jeonghan looked at him sideways and completed the promise, seungcheol holding their hands together tighter. "don't break it."

seungcheol never specified how many days to stay out of the garden though. after many days of asking, "can i see now?" and returning with the same "no", yoon jeonghan took matters into his own hands and did some snooping.

brainstorming first. what was seungcheol doing? jeonghan grabbed a notepad and pen and began writing and drawing bubbles to connect his ideas together.

seungcheol said to stay out of the garden, he wrote that down, so it had to be something to do with the garden. plants? new decorations? jeonghan felt like decorations was a good lead. he gasped, surprise birthday party in the gardens? aka his favourite place in the whole building? he pressed his lips into a line and tapped the end of the pen against his cheek. jeonghan hummed and wrote that down, circled it and added five question marks.

first he started in their bedroom. where oh where would choi seungcheol hide things? he looked to the desk in their room, files and notebooks stacked haphazardly on it. flipping through the pages of books and papers bound in the folders, he found nothing. then he remembered back to seungcheol's birthday, how he'd hidden something behind his bedside drawer. jeonghan whipped around to stare at the offending drawer sitting pretty and plain on seungcheol's side of the bed.

"mm?~ what are you hiding, mr drawer?" the corner of a piece of paper caught his eye. "flower catalogue?" jeonghan nearly started howling with laughter. choi seungcheol, stashing a flower catalogue? "the internet is at your disposal, darling. why use a catalogue?"

jeonghan went back and edited his notes. so it was definitely flowers. maybe new complimentary decorations in the garden? oh how cute! he went out on a limb and secured that as his final answer.

until he began flipping through the catalogue, his curiosity getting the better of him. different types of flowers were circled in red permanent marker. frangipani, sage flowers, blue violets, forget-me-nots, white lilacs...? "my, oh my. choi seungcheol what on earth are you doing?" little sticky notes with the meanings of those flowers and some short notes for himself were stuck between pages and jeonghan read them all.

"beauty... also beauty... colour too bright, won't match... scents might clash... intelligence/biggest, fattest brain- alright seungcheol..!" jeonghan slapped the catalogue close. enough of that. he huffed and wrote his own little set of notes.

choi seungcheol is changing my fucking flowers in the garden!

"he better not touch them or i swear to god-"

"woah, woah, woah. hyung, what's up?" hansol found jeonghan stomping out his apartment. "you look..." an assessment up and down, "not good."

"i think seungcheol is meddling in my garden and i'm going to beat his ass." he replied through gritted teeth. hansol's eyes were wide. "damn. okay well have fun, i'm on an ice cream run." and he turned the other way, muttering something about how he rhymed. typical hansol fashion.

but jeonghan had more pressing matters at hand. seeing as it had been a few days, seungcheol definitely had more than enough time to mess around down there and jeonghan was not pleased. when the lift doors opened, however, all his anger dissipated then and there. choi seungcheol, his precious love, was sat on a bench in his pajamas, looking around the garden with a perfect and content smile on his face.

when they made eye contact, the smile wiped itself off. "hannie!" jeonghan knew alarms went off in seungcheol but he didn't feel any of it. "cheol... what's this? i..." he confessed to seeing the catalogue in their room.

with a shy look, seungcheol explained that he knew that the garden was jeonghan's pride and joy and he'd never let anyone touch the artwork that it always was. "since it's such a part of you i thought i'd decorate it to resemble you more closely. i think you know what these mean." he gestured to the garden of blue and white.

jeonghan looked. yeah, he did. "blue violets; love and affection. i can't believe you got us sage... wisdom? or good health. and... frangipani, cheol?" seungcheol looked shy, like he was presenting his project to the greatest scientist in the world. but no, it was just the absolute love of his life. "frangipani for beauty, cheol."

"i wanted you to walk in here yourself without me and realise what i'm trying to tell you, hannie. i want you to know that you're loved and that you're the smartest and most beautiful person on this planet, in and out. i don't really say this too much in our daily lives but you mean the world to me and so i did your garden in hopes that you remember this message for every day that you walk past this place." jeonghan had teared up as seungcheol held his hands ever so gently through his little speech. "and i hope i got it right-"

"you did." jeonghan hugged him so tight and a tear finally fell. seungcheol was just so precious in the way that he was so shy to present this wonderful gift to jeonghan, who couldn't ask for anything more. he didn't care that seungcheol touched his garden he didn't care about any of it at all. he only cared about seungcheol and him and jeonghan will never ever forget this sweet and sincere message from his one and only.

"happy birthday, my ten-four." jeonghan smacked him lightly on his back and they shared a warm laugh. "thank you so much. for this and for everything you've ever done."

dear jeonghan, sorry for being so late.. it's now my own birthday and i've released your chapter now... big apologies. ily han. ten four, cheon-sa. angel. and also. literal demon i am Afraid. so yeah. love u yoon hope u had lots of fun <3

a/n: yeah it do be my own bday doe 👀👀 i'm 16 !!! yeahhh so fun also school is starting back after autumn break i can't BELIEVE. fun fact too, this chap was 1010 and that would've been cool if it were for hosh but it's not:( anyway i'm really tired LOL hope y'all liked this? <3

호랑해!🐯
eli <33