Social media addiction

Dhruv: Hi! I am Dhruv.

Teenfixer: Hi Dhruv, what can we do for you?

Dhruv: I wanted some advice on time management.

Teenfixer: Alright, can you tell me a little bit more.

Dhruv: I am currently in 11 grade, because of online classes I didn’t really focus on my studies in the beginning and now I have so much backlog that even thinking about starting with my work gives me chills and my guilt is killing me.

Teenfixer: Are you feeling guilty because of the incomplete work?

Dhruv: Yes but there is more. I have gotten so badly addicted to the web series and various social media platforms that I can’t even go five minutes without surfing the net. Whenever my parents would enter my room I would change my screen to some online lecture and they would think I was studying when in reality all I have been doing for the past few months is waste my time. But my guilt became tenfold when a week back my dad came to me and said that he was very proud of me. He said that he was glad that I was studying and not wasting my time like other teenagers, when in fact that is exactly what I have been doing. Now my exams are starting soon and I have no idea how to study and what to study.

Teenfixer: Dhruv you have accomplished the first and the most important step: REALIZATON. You know that what you have been doing is wrong and you want to try and make it better. I would personally advice you to log out of all the social media platforms, I know it can be difficult but the constant buzzing or the popping of notification can tempt even the most strong willed person. Within a week you will start noticing changes. You will have more time on your hands and you can invest it fruitfully by studying. First prepare for your exams, once that portion is done you can then go on and complete your pending homework and assignments.

Dhruv: But as I told you I didn’t pay any attention during my classes and now I don’t understand a single word.

Teenfixer: There are notes available for almost every chapter online, you can go and study from there and also recorded lectures can help clear up some difficult topics.

Dhruv: Alright, thank you for your help.

Teenfixer: Don’t stress and our best wishes are with you!

*THE END*

Modern technology has its perk but it doesn’t take very long for this boon to turn into a curse, efficient planning and time management is very necessary. We need to control our urges and divide time between studying and other activities. Be focused while studying because a distracted mind spoils the memory and doesn’t retain anything we study.
Keeping your phone switched off while studying will prevent you from getting distracted. This year has been stressful for everyone and everybody has different ways to distract themselves but don’t let it be at the cost of your future!

Written by LightTheDarkness_

- TEEN FIX

Hey there we are back with an update. Hope you all found it useful 🙂.

Do drop in your views and suggestions.

Don't forget you have a friend who is always available for you to talk.

Thank you