Cyber Crime

Hi teens …..
I am sakthi . I m here to tell you about a teen girl and how she fell prey to cybercrime and overcame that with her courage. She was a confident person so she herself approached our community to share her experience as her intension was at least after reading her story other teens will not suffer

So come on guys I will narrate to you what she said for me…
She doesn’t wanted to reveal her name so we can keep her name as Priya…

Our conversation starts …

Priya: Hi..

Teen fixer: Hi Priya how can we help you..

Priya: Thank you for your immediate response. I m here not because I have problem but wanted to share my experience which I faced in past so that it will be helpful to other teenagers . Can I share..

Teen fixer: sure , you can. We feel proud of you . You have took an great idea of sharing your experience trust me your this one small step will start inspiring many (Boys and Girls who are reading this update If you want to share your own experiences or say anything for teens feel free to share because many teens out there are really in a need of good guidance and you don’t need to be worried about your privacy you can trust us on that)

Priya: Thank you. Can I start?
Teen fixer: of course you can.

Priya: I was studying 10th standard at that time .I was enjoying my teen life normally .As my friends insisted to open an Instagram account I started it. I was hesitant to share my pics at first but my friends assured me that there is a lot of privacy so that no one can download my pics. Then I too started posting my pics . It was a great experience I got many likes and comments. My account was a private account so only my friends followed me ,I didn’t accept others. Everything went good till my half yearly exam holidays .One day when I was scrolling my insta feed my friend messaged me that ,there’s another insta account just like mine. I was shocked at first and then went through that account it was exactly like my account. It did have only a underscore (_)as difference .From that account I received a friend request. I was shocked is an understatement. I didn’t accept but the person started to give me messages. They asked my inner size and used harsh inappropriate sexual language. I felt like crying. I even thought of blocking and reporting the account but before that they stated that , they want my reply within a day and also said that they wanted a sex chat with me daily. They warned, me that if I didn’t reply within a day , they will misuse my pics. I started to cry I don’t know what to do or whom to tell, I was afraid, what if they misuse my pics. No one was at home at that time my mom went to office and dad went to a business trip. One side I was scared another side he was continuously abusing me by inappropriate words. After crying for an hour I decided to speak with mom as I thought only my family can help me .so I called my mom and told her to come urgently I dint reveal to her anything . After she came home I told her everything. She just gave me a slap. I sobbed hard , after that she hugged me and gave confidence that we will sort out this soon . She called dad but his phone was not reachable as he was returning from trip in flight. I was scared but my mom supported me. By evening my dad came back. We discussed  discussed everything with him , he was disappointed but cared for me “that’s why I love my parents”. And we decided to register a police complaint. We went to district crime branch there in cyber cell we registered the complaint they gave me a counselling and told me not to post my pics in any social media .I just said that I won’t from now.The next day the fake account was removed from Instagram. Within a week they found the culprit and punished him .They asked how did he get my pics but he did not reveal .As he was a young boy they warned and released him saying that they will keep track on him. The problem solved .And after that I avoided sharing my personal things in social media. After that all went good for me . But a friend of mine who was once a toppers started to get low scores and was looking gloomy always. Many confronted her but she did not open up .Time passed . Just a week before our board exams she tried committing suicide but she was rescued. When police confronted her she blurted that A jerk blackmailed her just like my case. But she was hesitant to reveal to her parents as time passed he started abusing her mentally and asked for her nude video that’s why she tried to kill herself. After that police took action and ensured my friends safety .They found the culprit and investigated him . In investigation he revealed that he done this with help of our own school mate . After that he was imprisoned and the boy was sent to juvenile. Everything solved but my friends uterus was removed as she jumped from her apartment and a rusted metal rod entered in her uterus. So to avoid the spreading of infection they removed her uterus. She was passed by writing attempts after 2 months .But she lost something more important to every women. She will not get periods as other and also she becomes infertile. In future she cannot bear child. If she had  informed her parents or teachers. She would have been saved and wouldn’t have gone through all this.

Teen fixer: oh its very sad to hear. She should have shared to her parents like you .

Priya: yup!she did small mistake and it resulted like this. So only I wanted to share this with everyone as it help others also

Teen fixer: its good that you shared it. It will surely help many other teens. Thank you for sharing..

Priya: Thank you but please don’t reveal my name.
Teen fixer: sure dear we wont reveal your name ..

The conversation ended…..

So guys from above confrontation what we came to know is ..
We should share our problems with our parents and face them bravely..
And one more thing guys don’t share your pics and personal details in any social medias .No one can assure our safety except us so be careful and stay safe…
Be confident and face problems.

So if you guys have any problems regarding cyber security I mean in any social medias you can get help from:
https://www.cybercrime.gov.in/Accept.aspxYou can report through this website or
Help line number:
155260
It is available from 9 am to 6 pm

And also here through this number,

1-877-438-4338..

They will keep your information confidentially …

Thank you for …
With love and care,
Sakthi