• Peer Pressure •

Peer Pressure

Peer Pressure

Hello everyone! Divya this side. I am back with a tale again. Hope you all are doing good and are safe.
So what is today's topic? Peer pressure? Same old topic. But then presented in a new way? Surprised? Then scroll down to read.

We all talk about peer pressure! But do you all know what exactly peer pressure is?

Peer are the people who belong to the same age group as you and we all know what pressure is. We have talked about peer pressure in a bad way in many cases but peer pressure is not always bad, it has good cases too. Today we will see a short tale based on it.

Riya and Fiza were in grade 12, basically they Fiza was a bright student and Riya was not bad too. Riya had some bad habits which were like being lazy, procrastinating her homework and always being at home and not helping in at least minute things which she can.

Fiza was exactly opposite to her. Once Fiza was doing her homework and Riya visited her home.

"Fiza shall we chill out for sometime. I have been bored at home", Riya said.

" Riya, this assignment which madam gave is done? ",she asked and Fiza gave a sheepish smile.

" Riya, we should learn to make our priorities. See chilling out can wait, but without this assignment tomorrow you will have to stand up and take scoldings, why should you wait till then. Come let's work together, the work will be done and we can chill together. What say? ", she asked and Riya made a face at first and later gave in.

They both completed their work and next day they received praise from their teacher.

The same day when Riya went to Fiza's home she found Fiza doing some simple things like filling water bottles and arranging her books.

"Fiza, do you do these works daily? ", she asked Fiza.

" Yes Riya! It's no big deal, in fact it's just like a helping hand for my mother. She will be happy and I can spend my time more with books I read and she won't say anything because I helped her with some tasks which I can", Fiza told and that inspired Riya to do the same.

Days passed on, Riya slowly stopped being lazy and procrastinate. She helped her mom in doing simple things. This made her parents happy.

This is a positive side of peer pressure or influence from friends. Just like every coin will have two sides, peer pressure has two sides too!

That's all for today!

Hope it was helpful.

Thank you

Credits to Sakshidevi712

Teen Fix