• Stress And Anxiety •

Hands in fists, lips sealed tight, trembling form as she keep her demons at bay

Hands in fists, lips sealed tight, trembling form as she keep her demons at bay. The anxiety of people leaving her escalated as she harbored a panic attack that made her hyperventilate. She tried to even out her breathing but she failed with every spasm that broke through her ribcage.

She had been stressing for a while when she learned that all her friends would be leaving to a different state all together. They were going to Portland while she was stuck in California. Yes, she loves the sun and the beaches but her friends were more important to her. They knew her well; how to calm her, make her smile and even make her do things she has sworn not to do. A bitter chuckle escaped her lips as she will her tears to stay put.

A shudder ran through her as she heard them call her name. They should call her "Maybe" and she gagged at her own horrible joke. Her coping mechanisms were not top notch and she knew it. But she did so nonetheless. She sighed heavily and turned to them with a wide smile plastered on her lips. But her best friends couldn't see through the facade this time because over the years she mastered the art.

She let out another chuckle and embraced them, her lips wobbling but her will power kept it at bay. She assured them countless times she would be okay although she knew otherwise. She watched as they got in the van, watched them smile at her and waving. She waved back, tears running down her cheeks but they couldn't see so she didn't care anymore. When she lost sight of their vehicle she woblled and flopped down on the ground gasping for breath as she wailed into the air. She cried for ages, scratching herself red and blue. She bled as her nails cracked her skin ferociously as she succumbed to her inner monsters; stress and anxiety. There was no one to save her now, no one to calm her and make her laugh.

Thus, she let go. She succumbed to the darkness with a smile painted on her lips.

Part 2 of this would be out next month. ^_^

Credits to : @RovenaNatasha