Body Shame

Hello everyone hope you are doing well and are staying safe. It's been long we updated. So here we are. Go ahead and read the short tale.

Trisha: Hi...

Teenfixer: Hello! Can I know your name?

Trisha: It’s Trisha

Teenfixer: Hi Trisha, how can we help you?

Trisha: Actually I wanted some help…

Teenfixer: Sure, I’ll try my best to do everything I can.

Trisha: I have been body shamed my entire life. The day I was born, my grandmother’s first words to my mother were, “Oh no her complexion is so dark, I told you not to drink that much tea while you were pregnant.” My parents are always telling me not to stay out in the Sun for too long, not to wear dark colors and there is no fairness crème that I haven’t tried. Their words have set so deeply in my mind that if you look inside my closet all you will find is jeans, slacks, and trousers and all my tops are at least elbow length if not longer.
I was dating this guy back in 9th class, he was quite fair. He was nice and made me feel special. All of my friends liked him too and eventually he became friends with them as well. What I didn’t know back then was that all of my friends referred to us as the “Oreo” couple because of our different complexions. After we broke up and I heard about the names they used to call me I tried to talk to them but my then ex boyfriend immediately defended them and spread the news that I had brainwashed him to date me otherwise who would have dated a granny like me. Even though it has been almost 3 years since that happened I can’t even look at myself in the mirror without recalling their words. I don’t have anyone I can talk to about my feelings because I know they will judge me. Can you help me overcome my complexes? How can I answer back to those people?

Teenfixer: You are not alone Trisha. What you first need to understand is that society’s validation has no meaning. You need to believe in yourself and learn to love your body. Unfortunately, we can’t stop people from saying things but what we can do is learn ignore them. Some people think that undermining others will give them a sense of superiority but the day we stop letting such people walk over us that will be answer enough. If you like the way you look, if you have confidence in yourself then you need no one else.
As for your parents you should sit them down and talk to them. Communication is a key to every problem, if you will try to explain how having a dark complexion is completely normal in India and how their constant nagging is affecting you emotionally I assure you that they will understand.
This quote has helped me and I hope it will do the same for you:                                                                        ‘YOUR OUTER BEAUTY WILL CAPTURE EYES BUT YOUR INER BEAUTY WILL CAPTURE HEARTS.’

Trisha: Thank you for listening to me.

Teenfixer: It was my pleasure. If you ever want to share anything again, we are always available. Take care!

*THE END*

Hello Teenagers,
Body shaming is such a common problem that almost every one of us has become its victim. Everyone has a different opinion on an ideal body type, what may be a perfect body for one might not be so perfect for someone else and if we try to fit ourselves according to everyone’s expectations then we will end up nowhere. Fat or Thin, Short or tall you matter to somebody. Your outer appearance does not define you, maybe some people can’t see that all you need to do is wait for that right person.

We will meet you soon with another update. Stay tuned for it and do drop your views.

If you want a person to share something like this, we are always there for you all. You can approach us.

Written by LightTheDarkness_

- TEEN FIX