First Date Jitters

After eating breakfast together Iroh slowly stood up and collected he dirty and empty dishes "you two can have the day off" the younger boys looked up at their uncle, eyes slightly widened in surprise "Uncle, are you sure?" Zuko spoke up, his hair had grown out in that year and seven months, allowing him to cover said scar with his hair

The gentle old man smiled and nodded, taking the bowls and plates towards the kitchen, "of course, today is a special day for you two, and besides. I can handle the shop all on my own" the two teenager's looked at each other, then looked towards the kitchen "But are you sure Uncle? We really wouldn't mind staying behind to help you, we could take another day off or something" the young sixteen year old water boy stood up slowly, traversing towards the kitchen to try and talk Iroh into letting them stay.

This persistence only caused the gentleman to chuckle whilst he rinced the dishes out "it's fine, take the day off. You two have already done so much for me here, let me do something for you and let you have a free day" hearing those words made Sokka nod, "thank you uncle!" he hugged Iroh; something he was still getting used to, then went back out to his boyfriend of a year, he still couldn't believe that, a year.

"Come, let's go get dressed then go to the market!" The more enthusiastic, and air headed of the two grabbed the calmer one's hand, pulled him to his feet then booked it for their bedroom so they could get dressed in clean clothes and be presentable for the public. This was very surpisingly, their first date; their first ever.

Zuko raised his only eyebrow up in surprise, watching the slightly younger teen run up the stairs so enthusiastically was quite amusing; and equally confusing to him. He wished that Sokka got this excited to wake up and work in the morning instead of rolling over and pretending he couldn't hear the banished prince basically telling at him. "To each their own I suppose" the 17 year old shook his head faintly while letting a faint chuckle escape his mouth throat.

The young ex-fire prince looked towards his Uncle, "We'll be home before the moon comes up uncle, I'll drag him by the ear if I need to" to which the old man shook his hand and waved his hand in dismissal; "take your time, enjoy your day off. I'll be fine on my own, I'm not a weak old stuffed biscuit you know Nephew."

                   ~Time skip~

After the young and spry couple got dressed in clean Earth Nation clothes, tunic and pants each,  they left the Jasmine Dragon and looked around for a moment. They stood right outside the doors, watching customers starting to pile into their shop, seeing how they were dressed and treated each other; thinking that since it was the capital of Ba Sing Se everyone would be dripping with rich snobbiness. Nothing that Zuko wasn't used to, it was less if anything.

To young Sokka he thought it was a little much, earning respect just because you have money and a higher social status, you could be the worst person and you'd be high up on the scale all because of money; that was something he would never be able to wrap his head around. Whilst thinking about the social latter he felt a familiar warm hand grasping his own, this caused a faint smile to tug at the corner of his mouth.

"Why hello there Sir, how may I help you today?" He peered up at his slightly taller and paler boyfriend of one year, "You could start by giving me your undivided attention" Zuko took his free hand and placed the side of his pointer finger under Sokka's chin; as if to support it, drawing their faces a little closer when he bent down. The young couple lingered there for a moment, their eyes flickered from the other's down to their lips.

They couldn't decide what to focus on, as if they were debating if the two wished to kiss out in public, to which they did. Connecting their lips for a chaste kiss, their eyes opening whenever a small amount of space was present between them. They both cracked a delicate smile; a childish giggle following suit.