First Demands

The two waited until breakfast the next morning to even try and approach Zuko's father with the subject, but of course before they went into the dinning hall Sokka made them go into the jail so he could check up on his sister and friends.

Toph was happy to feel steps coming closer, even happier to hear Sokka's voice in the distance; and another one she had never heard before. She stood up and stepped closer to the bars, holding her hands out and grabbing at the cold metal that separated her and the rest of the world. "Sokka! You're still alive!"

This made Aang and the couple chuckle a little, the prince nodded and put an arm around Sokka; stopping in front of the cell "of course he is. I wouldn't wanna hurt a single hair on his head." Katara turned around from her pouting to look at her brother to see if the prince was being honest. But upon seeing love bites she scowled at Zuko, crossed her arms over her chest and faced the wall like an angry child sent to the corner.

Aang stood up and joined Toph, gripping at the bars so he could feel just a little closer to the young prince and his friend, "how's it goin Sokka?" To which the 17 year old shrugged a little and rubbed the back of his neck, looking at the ground, feeling like one of the worst friends ever since he let his friends, no his family get caught up in this mess. "It's alright I guess, almost time for breakfast," he leaned over to the side, peering passed his two short friends so he could look at his childish sister.

"After that we'll come and visit," he spoke a little louder so he words could reach those ears that tried their hardest to ignore him. "I'll make sure that you get something good to eat," the scarred male bowed his head slightly out of a small sliver of guilt that was seeping into his heart, slowly taking it over. "After we finish eating I'll speak with the guards, see if they can let you all out." Zuko looked between everyone, his eyes finishing their rounds once reaching Sokka, gently rubbing his side to reassure him.

"C'mon, we should get going," the prince leaned in and kisses his Swain's cheek gently before letting go of him, turning around and walking back the way they had came, letting the other spend more time with his family. "I'll come back for you guys, I promise." Sokka looked towards his sister again, frowning a little, "I'll come back Katara. We both will, and we can all leave together." He looked down to his feet, not wanting to leave them, but he had to. And so he did; begrudgingly stepping away from the bars as he retraced his steps out of the prison, meeting up with Zuko at the guards, then left to head towards the dining hall; holding onto each other nervously.

Once at said dining hall, seeing Azula and Ozai in their spots already, the two broke apart. Zuko looked towards his father and bowed, "Father. I wish to discuss my marriage plans with you now." His spoke loudly, making sure that the fire Lord understood that he was serious about this.

His father looked towards his psychotic daughter and nodded, letting her know that she was to scurry off to her room; and that's what she did. "Alright, let's hear it Zuko, what is your proposal?" Ozai did a very sarcastic hand gesture before leaning his chin on his hand, not meaning for it to come off as mean as it did.

The young prince stood up straight, looking his father dead in the eye. "The man standing next to me is the one I wish to marry. Whether I have to leave this family again or not, I will not accept any other partner that you suggest." The 18 year old continued to speak loudly, angrily, trying to get his message across. He wasn't going to let his father tell him any different.

Ozai snickered a little and nodded, "I see. This is your little friend that you've told me about; tell me, Sokka was it? How long have you and my son been making these plans?" He reached for his glass filled with water, taking a sip whilst watching Sokka as of he was a fragile vase that would break if you took your eyes away.

"Well," the warrior played with the bottom of his shirt while looking to the fire Lord's shoulder, giving the illusion of eye contact. "It would be about two years Sir, two years that we have been together." The Lord closed his eyes and nodded while setting his glass down; licking his lips and letting the silence set in, thinking about what his son was asking.

"You have my permission, if you're so serious about it go ahead." Truth be told, the Lord was very apathetic towards this situation, but hearing his son so serious; and actually demanding that something go his way, showed that he was one step closer to taking over the throne.

This approval made the prince smile, but not by much even if he wanted to shout in excitement; he just nodded and took Sokka's hand guiding him to the table, pulling a seat out for him. "I also demand that his companions be set free, they are our family." Once again, hearing the young prince, who had once been so against sending warriors out onto the field as disposable men; be so straight forward and demanding things be his way made the Lord proud. "As you wish Prince Zuko."