Calm Talks

While the 16 year old was in the kitchen making a kettle of tea all of the benders sat in the closed shop, door closed, around a table. A spot imbetween Zuko and Iroh, along with a spot between Katara and Aang on the other side of the table. 

"What did you do to my brother?" Katara asked calmly this time, resting her hands in her lap. "Well, at first I started to train him like the rest of the soldiers, beat him every now and then when he disobeyed, after a while we started to get along, I learned a lot about you and your village. And a year ago exactly we started to date."

Hearing this version of the story, which she assumed was a lie, Katara laughed "hah! My brother, dating you? I highly doubt that!" She folded her arms across her chest and scoffed cockily, almost as if planned Sokka came out of the kitchen with five cups and a tea kettle filled to the brim with steaming hit tea, he sat down next to the 17 year old and kissed his cheek, setting the tray down before handing everyone their cup.

"Sokka, you can't be serious, you're messing with me right now. How could you love a monster like him?" Katara thrusted an angry finger towards the banished prince, to which he sighed and Sokka frowned, "I'm not joking Katara, I really do love this guy, we've been dating for a year. He hasn't tried to hurt Aang yet has he? He tried to give the three of us time together, he was gonna go to bed but you're so angry about mom tha-"

"Aren't you angry about her too?! She was taken away from us as children!" The young girl slammed her hands into the table in a fit of rage, standing up. "I am angry about it, but he's not the one who did it, he isn't the one who's responsible for this whole mess, he's not even a prince anymore! He hasn't been since he set out to find Aang! He doesn't have any control over the fire nation!" Sokka followed in his younger sister's action, slamming his hands on the table and standing, jabbing a finger in her direction.

"You need to get over the whole mom thing. She's gone, I miss her too, but Zuko didn't cause it. Now if that's all you're hear for I'd like you to leave our shop and come back whenever you've calmed down." The young 16 year old ran a hand from his hairline to his wolf tail, sighing a little bit and partly closing his eyes, raising up his free hand, looking to his left and resting said hand into Zuko's shoulder. "C'mon, let's go to bed. I'm tired from earlier."

To which Zuko nodded and stood up, wrapping his arms around his lover's waist, "uncle, there's some food in the kitchen for you to heat up whenever you get hungry," he flashed a quick smile at his old man, who smiled greatly in return. "Thank you Nephew. I shall see the guests out after they finish their tea."

Once the young couple had retired to their bedroom the old man looked at the air bender and water bender. "You may stay the night, watch the two interact with the villagers and then come to a decision tomorrow night, you may have my room, I'll stay in the kitchen and work on my dinner," Iroh chuckled a little and reached for the kettle so he could pour the tea, seeing as the young warrior had forgotten to in his burst of anger.