Briar Auroria

Briar Auroria

Briar Auroria (ブライアー・オーロリア, Buraiā Ōroria) is the dorm leader of Rosadormienti

Briar Auroria (ブライアー・オーロリア, Buraiā Ōroria) is the dorm leader of Rosadormienti. A half-human, half-fairy hybrid who possesses powerful magic but is neglected by her family, especially her father.

History
Briar was born and raised in the Slumbering Willows. She was born an illegitimate child to the late Amare Casia, a mortal woman and Roland Stephan Auroria, a powerful pure-blood fairy who's the monarch of the Slumbering Willows. Amare died in childbirth, leaving Briar in Roland's care. Roland felt guilty for leaving Amare to suffer all alone, however due to the pressures of tradition and fear of losing the respect of his people, he allowed fear to blind him, which lead to him neglecting Briar. While he does provide her with caretakers and tutors and even allows her to roam the palace's exterior, he never contributed to anything nor does he attempt to defend her when the nobles gossip about her.

Two years after taking Briar in, Roland remarried Eletha Lilith, which in turn resulted in her son, Aurus becoming a prince and moreover, the crown prince due to being a pure-blood fairy. Eletha is very strict on keeping traditional beliefs and constantly reminds the king about the importance of keeping to the same group and upholding the tradition of pure bloods belong with other purebloods while half-bloods belong with other half-bloods. She additionally makes sure to keep Briar away from her son, while she doesn't outright bully her; she just blatantly ignores her like the other pure blood fairies do. Aurus follows in his mother's guidance and ignores Briar, though he wonders why his father bothered to keep her in the palace at all. Due to this neglect, Briar felt unwanted and unloved.

At some point during her childhood, Briar was waiting for her carriage to bring her to the palace on a stormy night, however the carriage never showed up, which resulted in her catching a cold. Fortunately for her, a fox beastwoman saw her and rushed to her aid, this woman's name was Yolanda Foxtwill. Yolanda offered her shelter in her home until she could recover and was in shock when the royal guards arrived at her home, which resulted in her realizing that Briar was royalty, but fortunately for the Foxtwill Family, Briar protected them from punishment. Since meeting Briar, the Foxtwill family happily welcome her to reside with them when the palace becomes unbearable to her.

Personality
Prior to meeting the Foxtwill Family, Briar was very recluse and depressed, due to growing up in an environment where she was belittled and neglected. Due to Aurus reviving all of the praise from their family and people, Briar feels somewhat envious since he's praised for being a pure-blood while she's treated poorly for being a half-blood.

After being befriended by Foxtwill Family, Briar became more sociable and with the majority of her time spent around commoners, began to use her education for their benefit in the limited power she has. She's helpful and more open with ideas, if there is a way to solve the problem she will let people know.

Briar developed a motherly personality unconsciously to make up for the mother she never had. She has a soft spot for children and likes people who are energetic and lively because they are more fun to talk to than people who are formal.