Jinlong's Family and Confidants

Jinlong's Family
Guang Esi (グアン・エシ)
Twisted From: Fa Zhou from Mulan
The patriarch of the Esi family, he is a very traditional man who will not tolerate breaking of tradition. He views the world outside of the Valley of Clouds as inferior and uncouth even if they had high standing.

Liling Esi (ライリング・エシ)
Twisted From: Fa Li from Mulan
The matriarch of the Esi Family who was engaged to Guang by her parents. She tries to stay out of his way and tries to live comfortably, but when Jinlong was born she realized that she wouldn't want this life for her daughter. So, from behind the scenes, she helps keep Jinlong's secret within her authority. She was like Jinlong, a headstrong girl who was pushed into a box by rules and was forced to conform.

Ying Esi (イン・エシ)
The firstborn son and the eldest sibling at 26 years old. A very strong martial artist who is very prideful of his skills. He would remind Jinlong to know her place as a daughter of the household, he thinks that going against tradition is equivalent to bringing shame to the family. While he won't outright strike at a woman, he does use a bit of force to get his point across, he injured the second eldest when he dared to raise his voice against him when he tried to stand up for Jinlong.

Ushi Esi (ウシ・エシ)
The second-born son at age 24. He doesn't possess a slim yet muscular figure like the rest of his brothers, he is more buff and heavy with toned muscles. He works as an architect, building houses and fixing gardens. He's more friendly to Jinlong but is a bit of a coward when it comes to confronting Ying since he was injured by the eldest when he dared to go against him one time.

Gou Esi (ゴーゥ・エシ)
The third-born son at age 20. Although he is quite charming to the girls in his hometown, he is also a cunning lad. Jinlong doesn't trust him since he'll ask for favors in exchange for his silence. He doesn't pick sides but will take the opportunity to find entertainment even if it meant instigating drama. And Jinlong is careful not to let him catch wind of what she does in secret.

Tuzi Esi (トゥジ・エシ)
The fourth son and fifth sibling at age 17. He is known for being quick on his feet. A bit of a troublemaker in the family, always running fast without a care in the world. He would skip out on lessons when he's bored. He is neutral with Jinlong and he thinks she's boring, he barely interacts with her. She knows not to judge but she can't help but be frustrated that he takes a lot of things for granted because he's a boy, while she has limited options and her future, is held in chains.

Hou Esi (ホウ・エシ)
The fifth son and youngest sibling at age 15. He spends his time reading books and holds discussions with his teachers about philosophy. He looks up to Jinlong when she took care of him while he was sick. He decides to support Jinlong using his privileges to make sure that she no longer has to feel sad.

Jinlong's Confidants