Gem Colors

Each stained glass portrait of the heroines are placed in the hallway of the main college building, lining the hallway with a plaque at the bottom describing the virtue they represented. The students of DCA follow their example to become a true princess. The 10 dorms are built on their image and like the gemstones that you see on the uniforms of the Night Raven College and Royal Sword Academy students.

The gem colors and virtues are shown below, with QueenSharotto's (the author of this encyclopedia) personal theories on why the colors and virtues were chosen.

Snow White, Cinderella and Aurora:

PommeneigeThe color of the gemstone on the brooch worn by students affiliated with the Pommeneige dorm is red, which matches the color of Snow White's hair ribbon, the red cloth on her puff sleeves and the interior of her cape

Pommeneige
The color of the gemstone on the brooch worn by students affiliated with the Pommeneige dorm is red, which matches the color of Snow White's hair ribbon, the red cloth on her puff sleeves and the interior of her cape. Red was also the color the poison apple took the appearance of in order to trick Snow White into eating it. Snow White represented the virtue of innocence. In this case, kindness and a bit of naivety. Snow White was known for being kind but also naïve, which made her fall for Queen Grimhilde's trap easily.

Glastanzerin
The color of the gemstone on the brooch worn by students affiliated with the Glastanzerin dorm is white, which matches the color of Cinderella's iconic gown in the original 1950 film, which was a silver white in color. Cinderella represented the virtue of hope, always know to keep being hopeful. This feeling of hope can be shown in "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes" where she encourages her animal friends to never stop dreaming and the entire theme of the song which carries out throughout the film is to keeping believing in your dreams.

Rosadormienti
The color of the gemstone on the brooch worn by students affiliated with the Rosadormienti dorm is pink, which matches the color of Aurora's dress that is mostly used for merchandise. Aurora represented the virtue of determination, never lose the drive to reach your dreams. While Aurora herself doesn't show signs of determination in her debut film, this is shown in later media.

Ariel, Belle, and Jasmine:

CoquilleThe color of the gemstone on the brooch worn by students affiliated with the Coquille dorm is purple, which matches the color of Ariel's seashell bikini top

Coquille
The color of the gemstone on the brooch worn by students affiliated with the Coquille dorm is purple, which matches the color of Ariel's seashell bikini top. Ariel represented the virtue of freedom, never forgetting that you can't be bound by anyone. Ariel herself desired freedom from her overprotective father and this is expressed by her fascination with humans and their world.

Chateau Beastiale
The color of the gemstone on the brooch worn by students affiliated with the Chateau Beastiale dorm is yellow, which matches the color of Belle's iconic golden ball gown. Belle represented the virtue of loyalty and intelligence, standing by someone's side and never forgetting that knowledge is sharper than any sword. Belle stayed by the Beast's side and helped him to better himself. Belle was also famous for her intelligence.

Magiaoasis
The color of the gemstone on the brooch worn by students affiliated with the Magiaoasis dorm is blue, which matches the color of Jasmine's sky blue casuals (although in later media and merchandise, it's colored turquoise). Jasmine represented the virtue of wittiness, using your wits to your advantage and to solve problems. Jasmine is shown to use her seductive cunning to her advantage. An example of this occurred when she faked being under the genie's influence in order to distract Jafar.

Mulan, Pocahontas and Tiana:

DragonstoneThe color of the gemstone on the brooch worn by students affiliated with the Dragonstone dorm is dark red, which matches the details on the outfit Mulan wore during the climax of the original 1998 film

Dragonstone
The color of the gemstone on the brooch worn by students affiliated with the Dragonstone dorm is dark red, which matches the details on the outfit Mulan wore during the climax of the original 1998 film. Mulan represented the virtue of honor and bravery, finding the courage to stand up against your fears and insecurities. Mulan disguised herself as a man to take her father's place in the war and she wanted to stay true to herself, all while bringing honor to her family.

Sagamore
The color of the gemstone on the brooch worn by students affiliated with the Sagamore dorm is orange, which is a very earthy color and Pocahontas herself has a fondness for nature. Pocahontas represented the virtue of will and wisdom, learn from others as how they learn from you. Pocahontas expressed wisdom and offered kindness and guidance to those around her.

Lagniappe
The color of the gemstone on the brooch worn by students affiliated with the Lagniappe dorm is green, matching the color of Tiana's frog form and her initial wedding dress. Tiana represented the virtue of diligence, hard work goes a long way. Tiana herself was known to be a hard worker and hoped that this would lead her to opening her own restaurant.

Alice:

FutterwackenAlice is a special case, she represents young girls growing up finding their identity

Futterwacken
Alice is a special case, she represents young girls growing up finding their identity. And being true to yourself is a golden lesson in the academy so that's why her stained glass is kept near the Futterwacken Dormitory built on the hill overlooking the other dormitories. This gem doesn't appear on the Futterwacken brooches because instead of brooches, they have keys of various colors.