30- Aelin

I throw daggers at a target i have taped the night court insignia too. Sam and Ziamara stand watching. I throw dagger after dagger and never miss. I never miss.

"You are so good at that C" praises Ziamara.

"Im good at everything. Except modesty. Because i am great at it" i reply without looking their way.

"You self love is unending Celena" teases sam.

"What is there not to love?" i say with a grin. He rolls his eyes at me "i heard you roll your eyes sam"

"You cant hear eyerolls" he says. 

"That is the loudest Eyeroll i have ever heard" I stop throwing daggers and face him.

She looks at Ziamara and she nods. Her dark coily hair swishing. Sam throws his hands up.

"Why are you like this" he asks.

"If the mother is watching us we may as well be entertaining" i say with a wink.

"How kind of you" he mocks.

"Why thank you" i reply.

I go back to throwing my daggers. Everyone hitting the target. Zi comes over and asks me to teach her how to aim and throw them better. I have to explain endlessly about how your elbow has to line up with the target before you throw. But sam keeps interrupting me.

"It doesn't have to. Your arm just has to be in the right direction" he adds in.

"But it is more accurate if you mark with your elbow" i say with annoyance in my voice while i stand with Zi.

"But you shouldn't have to use your elbow if your aim is true" he says. He knows he is winding me up.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list" i tell him.

"Sure it is" he drawls.

I throw a dagger and it grazes his cheekbone. I turn to Ziamara.

"And that is how you throw a dagger" i say sweetly.

"Let me try" she says and aims a dagger at Sam.

He shrieks and runs away. Ziamara and i break out laughing. Sams face was priceless.

Later that night Ziamara and i are in the living room and i am braiding her hair while she reads a book. Well tries. I am teaching her how to read.

"The Beautiful pinrecss" she stumbles

"Princess" i correct.

"The beautiful princess falls though the worlds. Clutching her necklace to her heart. She falls throught" she says

"Through. She falls through" i correct again.

"She falls through many realms. Ones with fae. Ones with humans. Ones with animals she has never seen before. The beauty of it all astined her" she tries so hard to read the passage.
"Astounds her. The beauty of it all astounds her" i say quietly.

"The beauty of it all astounds her. She wishes that she could just freeze time. And stay"

Sometimes i am like the princess. I just want to stay. Stay in this moment.